Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Thread For Small Problems And Requests

PreviousPage 22 of 24Next
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Don't move your vmf out of sdk_content! Just leave it there, but open hammer properties, go to the 'build options' tab and set 'move maps to this directory' to the dlc2 directory. Then everything will work fine.

When I click on properties in Hammer, I get "no properties available".

I mean the properties for hammer, not for entities - it'd be called options I think.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

I'm confused. Sorry. I made the change as you directed, but when I open the map from the dlc2 folder now, that global_pti instance is still just a little red cube.

Is this even necessary? Do I need cubemaps?

Well, I published to see if it work. It does, but

A) Cave doesn't speak at the beginning (I didn't use an elevator to start the map -- you just drop in from a vacuum tube. Could that be why?)

B) It doesn't really end? The trigger for @relay_pti_level_end doesn't do anything.

Don't put the VMF in dlc2 - it's always in sdk_content. The BSP should be copied to dlc2, and run from there. It'd probably be since the instance isn't working right. The line plays OnMapSpawn from a logic_auto. Try typing "ent_fire @relay" into the dev console to see if it autocompletes the full name (to see if the relay is in the map).

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Don't put the VMF in dlc2 - it's always in sdk_content. The BSP should be copied to dlc2, and run from there. It'd probably be since the instance isn't working right. The line plays OnMapSpawn from a logic_auto. Try typing "ent_fire @relay" into the dev console to see if it autocompletes the full name (to see if the relay is in the map).

Instead of BSPs, the format for all my maps is .7zip. Is that a problem?

That's definitely a problem

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

I only installed 7zip recently. Not sure why it changed associations.

But it can't be TOO big a problem, because I already have a version of this uploaded to the Workshop and set as hidden, and other than Cave not speaking and the rating window not coming up, the map works.

2jons1 wrote:
your avatar gif made me lol

Mhh.. thanks ( :lol: )

PreviousPage 22 of 24Next