Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Thread For Small Problems And Requests

PreviousPage 23 of 24Next

Can someone upload departure_elevator_a4_base? I overrode mine.

Here you go:

departure_elevator_a4_base.vmf
My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

@yishbarr: won't a local files cache verification return the instance back to you?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
@yishbarr: won't a local files cache verification return the instance back to you?

I don't know. According to some people, that that only works with configuration files for the program without the actual readables, but maybe you're right.

TeamSpen210 wrote:
Here you go:

departure_elevator_a4_base.vmf

Thanks.

Lunch wrote:
Well, I published to see if it work. It does, but

A) Cave doesn't speak at the beginning (I didn't use an elevator to start the map -- you just drop in from a vacuum tube. Could that be why?)

B) It doesn't really end? The trigger for @relay_pti_level_end doesn't do anything.

Check the instance: you might've accidentally changed the instance file. If you didn't, are you SURE that you put it in the right location? Should be in Portal 2sdk_contentmaps. If it's not in there, get it in there. It will not detect the instance if it's not in the proper folder.

Online daters be like:
Guy: Hey dure i will date u
Girl: sure

Noob question time again! :D

What's the best/prettiest way to make a base for a weighted button? My button looks... less than impressive.

quaternary wrote:

What's the best/prettiest way to make a base for a weighted button? My button looks... less than impressive.

If you look under sdkcontentmapsinstances, in one of the folders there's a stock base for them. I don't remember exactly which folder, but it's there somewhere. It has black/white and clean/dirty versions.

Online daters be like:
Guy: Hey dure i will date u
Girl: sure
quaternary wrote:

You must empty the central part a bit. Try taking a look to Valve's instances as CJLerch suggested. The 'classical' ones are at:

C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsinstancesbuttonsbutton_pieces

PTI ones are into (these include the floor_button as well):

C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsinstancesp2editorfloor_button_black_intact.vmf

C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2sdk_contentmapsinstancesp2editorfloor_button_white_intact.vmf

You'll see that they split a 8 units brush horizontally and then clip the upper part, texturing the parts under the button usually in the toolsblack texture.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

I'd recommend you make your own versions of those instances if you're good with clipping (same with doors and funnel frames) - you really only need a vertex-manipulated octagon cutout, not the 300 faces Valve uses. For the cube/ball button, door and funnel you'll want to nodraw everything inside the hole - the models will hide the void completely.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

In the Hammer texture browser there's a texture called glass/glasswindow_refract01 that, based on the vtf and vmt files, seems like it's supposed to produce an effect like the oval-shaped light strips. I would really like to use this texture. Problem is, the actual white oval part doesn't show up, either in Hammer or in-game. The gray/black glass ripple effect is there, but not the white part.

I read on the developer wiki that refract shaders don't work on world brushes, so I tried it on a func_brush and it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to make this texture work correctly? Am I even interpreting how it's supposed to look correctly?

PreviousPage 23 of 24Next