Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The ThinkingWithPortals Map Showcasing Thread

PreviousPage 2 of 257Next
Will T. wrote:
I built it as an aesthetic exercise for now.

Heck, if I were you I'd make a map pack completely out of those.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Taught myself how to get these bad boys to get working in my own ghetto way.

a.jpg
Maps(Newest to Oldest): Storming the Castle / The Amazing Race / Wreaked / Mental Breakdown / Lost In Transition / Split / Mind Lock
Mapping Since May 21, 2011

Here is the scanner i worked out for my Angrybombs map.

Even though its only intended for the maze to be solved by the bomb, i added different responsed for other objects getting scanned in the maze.

It is composed of a "facade" model from the turret factory, the scanner model and the faithplate.

Portal 2 Marriage Proposal project: Linking Annex
Spotlighted and over 9000 downloads!!! SP_Angrybombs

Here's my youtube & deviantart

Here is a screenshot of a gravity machine. I know that changing gravity is nothing new, but I added a stylish machine just for gravity.
And also there is bts area, where you will get to know t the gravity machine.
It`s all part of a campaign I`m working on. I have 7 maps so far and I plan on having at least 20, if not 30.

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information

Hi,

Here's some from my first map I'm trying....

I've only done the first room so far.

Click to enlarge:
Click to enlarge:
Click to enlarge:

My Portal2 Map: Trapped

My Travel Blog:

Looks good robdon, might be a little bright for a destroyed map though.

Yes, I'm working on the lighting at the moment, as I'm not happy with it... Probably the hardest bit I think.

My Portal2 Map: Trapped

My Travel Blog:
baca25 wrote:
Taught myself how to get these bad boys to get working in my own ghetto way.

a.jpg

Ahh you fixed it? :D

I see some promising things in this topic, looking forward to test them all :)

Need a testpartner or playtester for your map?
-- Send a PM! --

So... I felt obliged to detail a significant part of this map before going on with everything else I need to do :snooze:

I haven't got a name for the map yet, but I've been working on it for quite a while now. The puzzle I'm still working on, but it mainly involves use of the two gels.

This is my first attempt at a full-on map for Portal 2 (or the Source engine for that matter!), and let me simply say that I've been loving it the further you get into it :)

Robdon wrote:

Yes, I'm working on the lighting at the moment, as I'm not happy with it... Probably the hardest bit I think.

I actually think that the lighting is almost perfect as-is.

Usually when something is broken or shut-down, there's typically a red warning light that turns on, and I think that it's an interesting new look for a test chamber.

I don't lag, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.
PreviousPage 2 of 257Next