Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The ThinkingWithPortals Map Showcasing Thread

Page 1 of 257Next

Inspired by the "Map Pimpage Thread" on mAL, which was in turn inspired by other threads.

Show off what you're working at the moment! Making a map that you don't want to release as a WIP? Don't want to make an entire thread to discuss your map before you release it (which you shouldn't do anyway, for the record)? Post some screenshots in this thread and discuss others.

A few notes:
--Try to keep your screenshots at around 700px wide maximum, probably a bit less; not only are smaller images easier on load times, they actually fit on the forum view for most people.
--Linked thumbnails are nice but certainly not required.
--Be open to suggestions/criticism from others.
--On the above point: if you're going to provide feedback make it constructive. Don't pull an "OMG thos lazors suck and look ulgy", instead say "Good sir, I do think you might want to align the front of that laser with the wall. Cheerio."

And remember...
:postpics:

Now with 100% more inline comments!

Just a small preview of my new map(Lost in Testing #2). It's basicly just the entrance right after you exit the elevator but im gonna try and continue with this style. So it's like a sampler :P

Click to enlarge!
Click to enlarge!

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.

A few shots from my upcoming "Marlow's coop Underground"

-I'm looking for competent testers. PM me if interested.

Water looks a bit odd in that last shot, Marlovious; pretty nice apart from that though

Nacimota wrote:
Water looks a bit odd in that last shot, Marlovious; pretty nice apart from that though

Yes, I still need to finish off the details of the lighting and props.

I have a functional two-room, laser-based chamber, but I'm sort of holding off on any sort of release until I can work out a third puzzle to complement the first two as what's there feels pretty short and simple for a complete release.

I also have what is currently a "just-for-fun" aesthetics-based project. If I ever produce enough maps to assemble into a mini-campaign, this is where the player will start:

It even has a nice vista of the antechamber before it, where test subjects arrive by elevator:

There are full-size versions of these here, if anyone wants to see them bigger.

There is no "N" in "Turret."

I've never seen an old aperture lobby done before. That might turn out interesting.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
I've never seen an old aperture lobby done before. That might turn out interesting.

I have to agree that looks really good! you gotta use it!...

Maybe have the waiting room look like its vacant for some time... and then have the wake up sequence run...as if you just got up from the floor after being out for a while...

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.

Hot dang those antechamber screenshots look good Will. Keep it up, I am definitely playing when you release it.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
WinstonSmith wrote:
Hot dang those antechamber screenshots look good Will. Keep it up, I am definitely playing when you release it.

Thanks! :) I can't 100% guarantee a release, as any map pack it would be a part of is only an idea right now. I don't know that I'll ever really produce a complete map pack (I certainly won't officially announce one until it's well underway), but I'll likely include this if I do. I built it as an aesthetic exercise for now.

There is no "N" in "Turret."
Page 1 of 257Next