Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Story of The Untold Truth

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

Well, if the YouTube person doesn't respond to you, then could try saintkitten who I assume still visits this site.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

YouTube person is not responding, just sent a message to kitten. Hopefully she says yes.

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
[spoiler]The Story of The Untold Truth
Chapter 1: The Escape
Chapter 2: The Question[/spoiler]
Maps Made:

[spoiler]"TheOldVersion" Chapter 1: The Escape Over 1000 Downloads!
"TheOldVersion" Chapter 2: The Catacombs Over 500 Downloads![/spoiler]

I am having an issue, I run my map, and I get this "Engine Error: Engine hunk overflow!". I hope that is not what I think it means, please someone help clarify. I hope it is just some error, and it doesn't mean that my map is to big.

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
Maps Made:

have you tried googling it? obviously not or you wouldnt have posted this, theres lots of info on this error out there. posting a problem on the forums should be a last resort.

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.

From what I remember, it had something to do with lights. You aren't using a crap load of lights are you?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Well MasterLagger,

I can probably tell you that I don't think it is the lights, if you remember the first version of TheEscape, I believe I had more lights in that "one room" than in my whole map right now. I am being very cautious and have learned how to limit the need of lights. Do you think it could be to many blocks? Maybe just to much data? IDK Our map is not even close to being done, we have decided to extend our map and I hope I'm not force to learn how to make a transistion. I deleted something off the map though, and it does work, but I just hope it don't give it to me while I'm in the midst of making the next part of the map.

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
Maps Made:

She replied to me and she said that she might be able to do it. I just got done explaining my story to her, boy was that a long text lol. We will see what happens. Now I just got to figure out how to add the custom voices, fuck.

(You know that feeling you get when you kicked in the nuts by something that hasn't happened yet, yeah, I just got it)

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
Maps Made:

Alright, I am at my limit and this sucks. At the end of compiling the map it said something about "Triangle Seconds being 27826" Im guessing that's how long it took to put everything together. I have no clue how I am going to do this now... I would love to make a transition but where I am at makes that impossible and at the same time I don't know how to do something like that.

BlackBird Studios?
Map in Progress:
Maps Made:

I still don't know if you tried googling this.

BlackBird Studios wrote:
I hope I'm not force to learn how to make a transistion.

Why? You sound like you're trying to avoid it like the plague... You'll need to break up the map if it's ridiculously huge. Anyway, it is kind of a good thing to know for mapping. Though I hear another cause of the error is unusual or low lightmap scales.

Picture that. In your dreams.
Maps:
SP MonoPortal | Lesson 0
WIP: LaserLock Preview Images
BlackBird Studios wrote:
A post

BlackBird Studios wrote:
Another post

BlackBird Studios wrote:
Another post

Please try to avoid double-plus-posting and edit things instead. If you have more than one thing to say hold off a bit until you can put them all in one post.

Anyway, you have to make a gargantuan map before the engine starts hitting its limit. That being said it's possible, if you've been carving a lot you may be scraping the ceiling with brushes. Try--as stated above--Googling it.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next