Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Great Portal 3 Speculation Thread

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

@Tile

Are... are you saying?

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]

Me and some other mappers have decided to make a fan made portal 3

We have not started with the map making yet but if you want to check it out

Visit our P3DEVGROUP http://steamcommunity.com/groups/P3DEVGROUP#

I've seen it. It still seems you need a lot of stuff to get going.

AntiVector wrote:
@Tile

Are... are you saying?

yup.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... arkc#t=232

also, i think i found out who chell was before aperture lol...

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

I have an idea for a Portal 3 plot. Chell meets a man who claims to be the son of Cave Johnson who tells her that she should help him briefly with programming something, and so she agrees and then the guy programs Chell's personality and essence into a core. Unfortunately, this also kills her, but she lives on in the core, called Pinney (I might need to work on the name). This core has Chell's personality, but, unlike Chell, it can talk. He takes the core back to Aperture, and Pinney, with no memory of her previous life as Chell works with GLaDOS to keep Aperture running in it's current mode and then several hundred years later...

A new guy, Flynn, comes to Aperture with no idea it is there. He's a developer who intends on building some underground homes there for people to live in, since above ground is pretty much all smogged up and uninhabitable. Then he finds Aperture and GLaDOS makes him a test subject. The sight of Chell's records which Flynn is carrying with him makes Pinney remember her life as Chell, and she tells Flynn about it and says he must destroy Aperture. So... more later, but basically the story of the game involves Flynn defeating GLaDOS so he can get rid of this terrible and beautiful place once and for all.

May need some improvement.

I'm a fan of the Portal 3/HL3 crossover idea, but neither is likely to be released, let alone together.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I bet there are going to be references to aperture in HL3 (afterall the borealis) but direct references and crossovers are not going to happen.

Did I mention I can;t wait for HL3? :D

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I wouldn't say there won't be any direct references, but I highly doubt there will be a crossover and I'm not a fan of the idea since both franchises are so different.

Like how in the underground act, Cave Johnson references Black Mesa several times, and they aren't easter egg lines. It would be fun to see some direct Aperture references in HL3 (and I don't really think HL3 will ever happen, but the likelihood of it is much higher than a Portal 3 in my opinion.)

Portal 2 was released about four years after the first one. The teaser trailer was released the year before Portal 2 was released. I would imagine that Portal 3 (if there is going to be one) would be released sometime in 2015, about four years after the second one was released. The trailer, then, would be seen sometime next year.

I hate it when people are using Portal 2 visuals to make Portal 3. It has to be something unique with new cube models and buttons and textures and stuff. But Valve already mentioned that they're not making Portal 3 because of the press saying "Valve finally learns to count to 3".

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next