Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Great Portal 3 Speculation Thread

Page 1 of 4Next

Now, hoooooold your horses. You and I both know that Valve will never make a Portal 3.

But if they did...

<What would the premise be?
<What would be the new mechanics introduced?
< Would it still use port Of course it would, stupid.
<What kind of new puzzles could we get out of the new mechanics could we get out of it?
<What impact would this have on the Portal Community?

I have this vision in my mind of Aperture inventing time travel after all the humans were un-stasised, or an Aperture another 99999999999etc in the future in space, using that F-Stop Valve has kept secret like a tantalizing sundae of mystery.

Anyway, go. Just go. Stop reading this intro and post, dammit!

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]

I have this thing where Wheatley manages to make contact with scientists that weren't at aperture on the GLaDOS activation day and they build a space station for aperture better than the earth one, and Wheatley is the central core and GLaDOS gets jealous.

There is not going to be a Portal 3

...and would only exist for more revenue.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
AntiVector wrote:
Now, hoooooold your horses. You and I both know that Valve will never make a Portal 3.
ChickenMobile wrote:
There is not going to be a Portal 3

:shrug:

On-topic, I would imagine that Portal 3 would be a prelude-type of game, not a continuation of where P2 left off. Either concerning F-Stop, or a little closer, Rattman.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

ImageImage

In my opinion at least, Chell's story is over, she's free from Aperture now. The only possible Portal game I can think of that could have potential is Rattman's story. Not sure how that would work though......

There's always room for more DLC though! But I do believe VALVe is done with that for Portal 2.

This Signature is Beyond Your Range of Seeing.

You probably knew about this already but, because nobody seems to know, here it is: TopHATTwaffle is doing that already.

srs bsnss wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Now, I am of the mindset that Portal works well enough on its own, and doesn't need to be connected to Half-Life more than it already is, but it would be interesting for a hypothetical Portal 3 to give us more hints about the Borealis, possibly being set in the tundra the Borealis was teleported to.

Spoiler

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]

Perhaps it'll be released along with Episode 3, both taking place at the same time and both in the Borealis. There could be some interesting crossovers there, judging from the leaked ep3 code a while back.

Spoiler

Falsi sumus crusto!

I dont think that there "100" will be no Portal 3.
And i dont think that "Wheatley" will come back.
I could imagine that Chells Story isnt over.

BUT: Portal 2 was also a suprise, i mean, who thought about this story while playing Portal 1 first time? Maybe Portal 3 would be also something completely new.. ^^

nuff' said.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
Page 1 of 4Next