Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Special News, Staff Member & Community Roundup + Spotlight

PreviousPage 3 of 3
msleeper wrote:
But yeah, the reason we don't update the spotlight more often is because there's not enough really spotlight-worthy maps that come out frequently enough.

I thought the plan was to cycle through some of those maps that were deemed spotlight-worthy but never actually made it to the top left corner. There are plenty of them (mostly from competitions but not all):

Portal 1

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Portal 2
Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Note that I assmebled these lists from memory so they aren't 100% accurate. Has this idea been scrapped?

Hasn't been scrapped, I just haven't had a chance to implement it. My last attempt made all file uploads fail. So I had to go back to the drawing board with it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Map packs definitely have their place, they can make things feel more complete if there is a clear theme and progression between the maps. Though I agree with msleeper that they can be more work than first imagined and shouldn't be started by people who give up easily or just jump into things without thinking of what they're getting into.
(Not really aimed at anyone in here, just my thoughts. I suppose it can be difficult when you can't see your progress amounting to anything until the end.)

Picture that. In your dreams.
Maps:
SP MonoPortal | Lesson 0
WIP: LaserLock Preview Images
Mevious wrote:
I thought the plan was to cycle through some of those maps that were deemed spotlight-worthy but never actually made it to the top left corner. There are plenty of them (mostly from competitions but not all):

Hmmm... Mevious you're completely right. I've played many of those maps and I really think many of them are very good. I think the main reason why all those maps from the contest might have fallen into the void is simply because there were a damn huge bunch of them that came out in only 2 weeks. I really think maaany of those maps should be revisited somehow.

To be frank, I really thought this "month's" spotlight would be Rexaura. It's awesome.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Thanks for the round up mention! Really appreciate it! Hopefully it wont be long till my next maps.

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com
PreviousPage 3 of 3