Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Special News, Staff Member & Community Roundup + Spotlight

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
josepezdj wrote:
Hehehe.... Caret, you enjoyed like 2-3 months!!!! C'mon!!

NO! Its MY spotlight! MINE! My PRECIOUS!!

12 Angry Tests
"I hear voices. But I ignore them and I just carry on killing."
CaretCaret wrote:
josepezdj wrote:

I challenge you; make another epic mappack and you might get your precious spotlight back :thumbup:

lpfreaky90 wrote:
CaretCaret wrote:
josepezdj wrote:

I challenge you; make another epic mappack and you might get your precious spotlight back :thumbup:

Hmmm....

12 Angry Tests
"I hear voices. But I ignore them and I just carry on killing."

Let the war of the spotlight... BEGIN!!

OMG MY MAP, MY BABY! *-*
Congratulations LP! Have some... wait, hold on for a second...

Uh oh. Somebody cut the cake. I told them to wait for you, but they cut it anyway. There is still some left, though, if you hurry back.

josepezdj wrote:

It was like a month and a half. If you guys want new Spotlights faster, make better maps more often. Stop making gigantic "mods" that will never, ever see the light of day. Tighten your focus because if not then you're wasting your time.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
It was like a month and a half. If you guys want new Spotlights faster, make better maps more often. Stop making gigantic "mods" that will never, ever see the light of day. Tighten your focus because if not then you're wasting your time.

Yeah, you may be right msleeper. I'm so eager to release my maps but I am a bit perfectionist, and as now I have finished a 80% of my mappack, I'll just wait up until all is finished. I DO finish what I start btw.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
mappack

Stop. Stop doing this, everyone. The guy who made Colours had the right idea. Release each of your maps in your map pack separately, so you at least have something coming out.

If you don't release, you don't amount to shit. Take kizzycocoa for example. Brobro was working on some "mod" for like 5 years, and guess what? He threw the towel in without ever releasing squat that's playable, and not a soul on the planet cares now.

Because I mean, isn't that the whole point of map/game development when you talk about your work and try to promote it? To ship the product? Or to sit around and talk about it until you get bored with not finishing it?

But yeah, the reason we don't update the spotlight more often is because there's not enough really spotlight-worthy maps that come out frequently enough.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Stop. Stop doing this, everyone

Msleeper, I understand your point. I know you took the chance to speak to everyone in general, and I agree with you completely, as in Colours, that was the right way of releasing a mappack, map by map. But regarding this subject, I think I've got my reasons. And I tell you again that I WILL release this thing. The reason why I am taking more time is that I've went around many aesthetical approaches until finding one I was happy with. I want to show a storyline too, not too much elaborated though, but more kinda mysterious... that makes you think and figure out about what you see, or where you're in. And ofc some custom stuff. I am that kind of person that can't just stop until I'm fully satisfied with the result.

On the other hand, a couple of things needed to be finished before releasing anything as indeed they affect every single map alone:

For example, I've made a pair of custom elevators that match perfectly my maps' visual style. I've been making several versions that I didn't fully liked, and looking back, I'm happy to have waited. If I would have released any of the previous versions, I would regret now.

Also, I'm taking my time to introduce a complete new pack of signage icons in the mappack. They're looking great and they deserve the time spent.

Take it as a tribute to my favourite game ever! I really, think after, all that I have reasons to wait up.

Patience is a virtue.

Anyway, I do not discard to release 3-4 maps first and the rest later...

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

You can take as much time as you want and that's entirely your decision. I'm just saying that, until you actually do release, nobody on the planet cares about what you're making.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next