Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Wedged

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Fun map, nice and long. I kept thinking it was the end, but there was more... and more! The pace was good, too. If the puzzles took any longer, then the number of chambers might be a little much. I felt like I was always moving forward, but still had to think.

I'd say you can eliminate the white panels on the other side of the final door. There is enough time to walk through, and they are just creating an exploit.

Winner of the Nobel Prize for Being Immune to Neurotoxin

Thanks for over 1,000 downloads: The Cold Shoulder

Fairly complex puzzles. It must have taken you quite a while to design and playtest.

Great job.

Really nice puzzles, I like the varied uses of hard light bridges to block cubes.
Also, I found an exploit in the first chamber:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Could probably benefit from some GLaDOS lines and test chamber signs, just to polish it all off.
But all in all, nicely done!

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.

Great map, nice and long with lots of creative puzzles.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Thanks for the continued feedback everyone! :)

I've released version 1.1:
Final chamber:
cube dropper is higher, no need to crouch.
added indicator signs for dropper
removed portable walltile behind door

Added Glados voice clips around whole level.

The map isn't loading for me, I am just trapped in the elevator (I spent about 5 minutes trying to 'think with portals' before I gave up)

Is it something to do with the vmf file in the zip? I tried some googling but couldn't find a solution. Looking forward to playing the map.

edit: I no clipped through the lift in the end, really enjoyed the map - some great creative puzzles.

Were you launching the game directly from the .bsp file or from the console in game?
I've received problems with elevators not moving when launching from .bsps occasionally, but it should load reliably from the console in game.

MutatedTurret wrote:
Were you launching the game directly from the .bsp file or from the console in game?
I've received problems with elevators not moving when launching from .bsps occasionally, but it should load reliably from the console in game.

I was launching through the console, but this isn't the only map i've had an issue with so it might be local.

MutatedTurret wrote:

I have this problem occasionally. I'm not a good enough mapper to debug it, but it has something to do with the last map played not exiting properly, and the transition script. Don't use the transition script, and never have that problem.

Now on to the map itself. An A+ effort. I liked everything about it: the looks, the puzzles, the length, and the extras. Easily the most enjoyable map I've played in the last couple of months. 5/5.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

Community Spotlight of the day. Ok map. 5/5.

PreviousPage 3 of 3