Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumCommunity Boards: Community ReleasesRexaura
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Rexaura

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

Another superb Portal mod! Thank you (and your accomplished list of consultants) for sharing your talents.

I have completed a playthrough of version 1.0 looking for the fewest portals solutions. Most require unusual deflections of energy pellets, and a little luck. Please DON'T EVEN LOOK at these until you have put some serious effort into trying for yourself.
Fewest Portals Scores

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Edit: All solutions still valid for version 1.2

Ask if you would like hints for any solutions, or can suggest further improvements.

One small bug : Bonus Chamber 02 doesn't show as completed in the bonus maps folder (I'm stuck on 75% completion).

Hello Mevious,

got bonus02 now and can confirm the above mentioned bug.(also stuck on 75% now)

thx for 18 i would have never seen it, i guess.

I can't keep the energy ball alive in Chamber14, except with two portals. I managed to get the ball to the other side of the door with two portals.

Somehow i did it, but it was anything else than easy. I even don't know if i did it the right way. Heavy timing and wild portal shooting, with an angry energyball in the neck.

A really really great mod, i had a lot of fun with it. I'm playing Portal Pro next.

Mevious wrote:
chimera201 wrote:
The level of difficulty was high mostly because of timed puzzles.

I don't know what you guys were attempting, but none of the solutions require any more "timing" than any of the early levels (e.g, rex_02, rex_04, rex_05, rex_07, rex_08).

Oh, I wasn't complaining about the timing and I totally agree with your point. As I said 18 & 19 seemed pretty easy to me(maybe i got hang of the nature of puzzles by then). Firstly, I personally don't have a lot of time for playing games or making maps.
The energy ball made the puzzles dynamic. You had to do some steps and see for yourself what happens. Also you had to do it once to see whether a button was timed or not or the duration of the ball. Also even if there were many white surfaces I pretty much walked around in the rooms in between the 'solution steps'. And I have to keep in mind the energy ball doesn't hit me while solving it(Sure I used quicksaves but the feeling would be still there.) The 'killer step' that was required to solve most of the puzzles was actually a number of steps and you had to do it in order with a little bit of timing(Making a quicksave in between these steps doesn't come to the mind). Figuring that out in advance with the dynamic nature was difficult. And that is one thing that i like about Portal 1.

And yeah bonus02 doesn't show completed that's sure.

Hope is a good thing
Maps made : [SP] PORTAL 2 : After Math
Steam ID : chimera201

Just had no more Portal 2 maps to play a few days ago, so I gave this mod a go. I like the ideas in here; I actually disliked energy balls in Portal 1, but in this map they are quite adorable. The puzzles are great even though some of them take some time. But you can find out about that because here I got my blindrun for you! (as for all big Portal 1 mods the playthrough is split into ~30min parts)

part 1:
t41dsyI_ARs
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41dsyI_ARs)

part 2:
GvxCNa7zPQo
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvxCNa7zPQo)

part 3:
_pXpI4umhxc
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pXpI4umhxc)

part 4:
-PbWU7wLK0I
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PbWU7wLK0I)

I'm going to second that "superb" rating. No longer are the energy pellets hit-or-miss. Everything works. It's great fun.

I've only made a few Portal 2 maps, but I'd appreciate a comment or a blindrun recording.

Incredible mod! 4/5.

I was able to break the second bonus chamber by a technique only available in Portal: "portal throwing," namely, where you fire your portal gun while on the edge of a portal, and then quickly back out of the portal you're in. In fact I solved that test chamber using portal throwing before discovering the intended solution.

I was also able to solve rex_01 without having to use the cube stabilizers even once. It was especially easy to bypass them in the first part.

Also, credit where it's due: who did the vocals (for both the male and female AI voices)? I didn't see it anywhere in the credits, and if it was in the credits, it wasn't clear who did the vocals.

I'm on level 16 and taking a brain break. Thanks for your hard work. This is an outstanding mod.
I am having my friends, who have portal 1, get this. Once again, Thanks for your hard work and contributions to both Portal 1/2 community.

I had wondered why this was never a spotlight before, great job Mevious.

Inspirata: They sound like TTS voices to me, although that might just be a really-well-done GLaDOS voice filter.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:

Yes
and this reminds me that I need to finish playing this mod!
Also.. download count is at 1000! awesome :thumbup:

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
FelixGriffin wrote:

Inspirata: They sound like TTS voices to me, although that might just be a really-well-done GLaDOS voice filter.

I think the mod has been added to spotlight section before, but it wasn't in the top left "Spotlight" section. And I think Mevious is using one of AT&T Natural Voices, but I don't remember which one.

~(o)~~/o\~ A Trusted Friend in Science
My workshop
How to control other people
[spoiler]LOL, I've just forced you to click on the 'SHOW' button! Now click here: http://soundcloud.com/vojtasiman/[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next