Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE]Portal: The Flash Version mappack

PreviousPage 4 of 17Next

How long were you working on this map? I imagine it took quite a while.

Ricotez wrote:
....First of all there are a few places where you often die a few times before you find out why you did, and have to die a few more times before you find out how to prevent yourself of dying.

i don't remember any of these? coarse maybe i was just more careful? not sure.

A lot of people wrote:
....Finally, the big portal-through-hole-fire puzzle at the end got very annoying at some point, though I made it through.

I pretty much disagree with anyone who says this.. i HATE "maze" type puzzles. but this was just portally enough for me to enjoy. seemed.... resonable. most maze puzzles look the same "everywhere you go" so its confusing as hell. this one made you revisit alot of the same areas. but each area looked different so you could actually get your bearings.

and i didn't want to add many "spoiler" tags in my orriginal post for fear of ruigning it for someone who just COULDN"T leave the spoiler tags alone.... but now i will. 2 parts in this map scared the living jeezuz out of me... and that was great:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
and the boss battle when i saw
Spoiler

i still have nothing bad to say, except maybe a request of sorts... Advanced Chambers, and Challenges.

add/make those. and you sir will have a COMPLETE episodic style TC/mappack

Portal EP2?

edit: also, in this puzzle
[img]http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/images/screen02.jpg[/img]
you can beat it without

Spoiler
not sure if you are aware or even care. but what i did was
Spoiler

do NOT click this
Hen7 wrote:
Btw did someone experienced in creating BMZ files?

In my experience, bmz files are useless for such a large-scale release.

The BMZ is an uncompressed ZIP, with whatever file structure you want. Let's take the main RAR for this file as an example: you have four folders (maps, sounds, models, and scripts).

Importing a BMZ creates a sub-folder in portal/portal/maps, with the same name as the BMZ, and extracts the BMZ contents into the folder. So let's say you make your RAR a BMZ instead. So "importing" ptfv.bmz would create:

portal/portal/maps/ptfv/maps
portal/portal/maps/ptfv/sounds
portal/portal/maps/ptfv/models
portal/portal/maps/ptfv/scripts

Obviously, this means that all your materials would be in the wrong place. It is perhaps possible to use relative pathnames ("./models/props/de_nuke/truck_nuke.mdl") but I have no knowledge of how one would do that.

I hope this is clear, it's hard to explain without demonstrating.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Spotlighted.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

WHAT!!! How did I miss this over the last couple of days?

I've not played it yet but this is a massive pack.

Mate. Thats determination. Nice one for making this its just what the custom Portal community needs.

Awesome. Just finished downloading

infernet89 wrote:
Quote:
Requires Steam with Half-Life 2

Ok, that's is a good reason to buy hl2, i need money :evil:

I believe it'll work if you have the "Source SDK" installed, allongwith the "Source SDK Base Orange Box".

This is definitely a "must play". Talk about an abundance of fun content. I had almost as much fun playing this as I did the original Portal. Props to all who worked on this project for a great map pack!

I'm not sure where to put this file, can someone help me? I'm used to taking the map file from zipped folders but i'm not sure how to get this one going.

i have HL2 but i still see alot of errors and missing textures. for example i see an "error" where there is supposed to be a ship.

edit: a lot of doors wouldnt open, like the one in the room the game starts in that goes to the puzzle(not the one right in the cube you start in) and i did not start with a portal gun for some reason, so i was stuck in the cube.

Spoiler

"Duct Tape is the answer."
PreviousPage 4 of 17Next