Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE]Portal: The Flash Version mappack

PreviousPage 3 of 17Next

Dude you could of made this into a source mod because of how good it was, truly epic job, I played it again and still can't get enough.

Thanks msleeper!
[img]http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/images/screen01.jpg[/img]
I've uploaded the map itself to the download database before I opened this thread but still, I can't see it, maybe there was a problem, I'll try again.
PortalFan77, I've already tried to make it a mod, But I had no idea how to make it for Portal, only HL2, after changing some stuff in the gameinfo.txt It just crashed. :(

The file was too big, try uploading it now. --msleeper

http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=213
It's up :)

add that link to the main post. and be sure to tell MSleeper that you want that picture as the main screenshot? (that is of coarse if you WANT this thing to be spotlighted :P)

do NOT click this

Nearly perfect, but.. Is there any possibility to put the subtitle on the part where glados tlak without the subtitle? I'm italian and i can't understand without them .__.

I usually demorec the blind ride of every map i try, if you want it send me a private message.
(I'll stop recording if i die.)

rellikpd, thats the picture yeah, If it's not good I won't mind using any of these ones: http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/ (look down)
infernet89, Can't do that, I have no idea how to add subtitles to edited sounds.

Great scott...

About 3,5 hours after I started this mappack, I finished it and I was like "What the hell just happened?"

This isn't a mappack. This is a completely new game! A tremendous job, though with a few flaws...

First of all there are a few places where you often die a few times before you find out why you did, and have to die a few more times before you find out how to prevent yourself of dying.

Next to that indicators aren't always clear. I often pushed a button or a switch, and then had to scout the chamber again to find out what changed.

Finally, the big portal-through-hole-fire puzzle at the end got very annoying at some point, though I made it through.

Everything else was just great. The chambers had a good design (an Aperture look, whilst still something slightly different, a more closed feeling, more claustrophobic, wich really enhanced atmosphere), the BTS-areas were just great, as were the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
chambers
Spoiler
I also liked the
Spoiler
, the
Spoiler
Spoiler
and the ending
Spoiler

This is (are) the best bonus map(s) for Portal I've played so far.

"Duct Tape is the answer."

Why are there no cubemaps? And why no strip lighting?

taco wrote:
Why are there no cubemaps? And why no strip lighting?

What do you mean? where?
Btw did someone experienced in creating BMZ files?, People wants me to make it but I have no experience in making these kind of files, or anything similar, I found a tutorial on the VALVE's wiki but all of these command lines makes my head hurt.
Is there some kind of an automatic tool that lets you skip this whole mess?

Brilliant! tons of places had me panicking to hell and jeeze.. some made me jump the hell out of my skin. But brilliant, ab-so-lute-ly brilliant conversion and the escape maps are awesome. The boss fight was pretty hard until I got going.. then

Spoiler
the end... OMG!

PreviousPage 3 of 17Next