Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE]Portal: The Flash Version mappack

PreviousPage 13 of 17Next
rellikpd wrote:
why not just be Not Lame, and beat it without any cheats at all

^^^This.^^^

Unlike many custom maps, this map pack is pretty well put together. There are no imposible areas, or stupidly frustrating parts that will repeatedly kill you for no reason.

It can be solved completely, without cheats, simply by thinking and exploring.

Although, I did have to noclip once, as I got wedged into a wall between a generator model and a wall, and was unable to move. That doesn't count though, as it was down to a minor mapping error, rather than a stupidly difficult challenge or puzzle.

I used a detached camera to get up to the button without the cube :P

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Thanks, but I figured out that the cube can be momentum'd onto the floor. But it's hard.
About my earlier comment about Turrets shooting bullet holes through the companion cube, I found that

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
:D

The Vital Apparatus Vent will deliver a Weighted Companion Cake in Three. Two. One.
*fifty cakes fall out*
Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen.

We should dub this map Portal 2. It was very well put together, and I have played it three times. Each time I try to solve the puzzles in different ways. Look forward to more maps from this author.

:wink:
jrlauer wrote:
We should dub this map Portal 2.
Wikipedia wrote:
Portal: Still Alive was announced as an exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game at the 2008 E3 convention to be released sometime later in 2008, and will feature new levels and achievements.

The additional content will be drawn from levels from the map pack based on "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and will contain no additional story-related levels. According to Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi, Valve has been in discussion with Microsoft to bring Portal to Xbox Live Marketplace, but was limited by the amount of bandwidth that Microsoft is willing to allow for such content.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video_game)#Portal:_Still_Alive

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

8)

This is a great map pack, nearly as fun as the original portal. I can see why valve would want to draw on it for more maps.

I really enjoyed this.

How awesome, Since MS doesn't give a fuck about the country I live in I can't buy MS points and therefore can't play my own game.
Isn't this awesome?

Hen7 wrote:
How awesome, Since MS doesn't give a fuck about the country I live in I can't buy MS points and therefore can't play my own game.
Isn't this awesome?

Youd think they would give you it for free...

PortalFan77 wrote:
You'd think [Microsoft] would give [anything] for free...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
PreviousPage 13 of 17Next