Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Aldéz's Test Chamber

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

:notworthy: 7 portals? How?

And I found another way to get stuck, but you must be really stupid if you do it. Anyway, I might release another version and it will be even harder to break. :wink:

Ald?z wrote:
:notworthy: 7 portals? How?

cuz i think with portals man! :p but i'm gunna try to beat 7 portals... and when i do (or if i find that i cannot) i will post a video. or atleast text instructions on how i did it.
your time record is HARD to beat. son of a gun. i can get 84 seconds. but not the required 82 :( and i can't think of ANY way to shave off more time. cuz of the energy balls and moving platform! :(
and its not required to be made any harder i think its fine the way it is. instead of tweaking it to make it so noone can POSSIBLY get a higher score than you. instead if you DO release any more versions just prevent the player from getting stuck. and rather work on new maps :P

also: Nice BTS area btw. very nicely hidden, but not impossible to find. just requires some good attention to detail

also: the thing i THOUGHT could be broken was; i thought that if you kept throwing cubes into the water you could get more than one. cuz when i would die (by falling into the water) while holding the cube.... and i landed on the bottom of the water... the cube was still there.... but i found that you actually did think of it. it just didn't trigger whatever makes the cube disappear because i was dead. so its not breakable. (that i can find) BUT: You CAN get the cube stuck by throwing it

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

do NOT click this
Ald?z wrote:
Talk about nit-picking. The texture is probably world-oriented. But, to my defence, I can say that the guy on the sign is running towards the exit on both signs.
reepblue wrote:
Heh, sorry. I seen many maps that have details flipped side.

One of things I really love about the portal community is it's attention to detail-- I assume it's due to the nature of the game itself and the way it renders itself to look at the details; game mechanics and such--

I've been working on a level -- soon to be completed; and I just realized (although I'm extremely picky about these kind of details) I have to flip one or two of those doorway entrance textures. Can someone quickly tell me exactly how to flip it-- or am I just having a dumb moment-- because after taking a few days off working with source I can't seem to flip textures horizontally -- can only rotate on same axis.

sorry if this is off topic but it still is regarding Aldez's Test Chamber--

now to go play it :D

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." -Albert Einstein
ecco wrote:
:blah: Can someone quickly tell me exactly how to flip it :blah:

on the texture face editor it has your "scale" (which SHOULD be x 0.25, y 0.25) making those -0.25 will flip it vertically and horizontally (respectively), use as needed

do NOT click this

Well, that's one think I like about the maps on TWP, and the overall Portal maps; they're quality. Not like Counter-Strike, where 90% of the maps contains only 2 or 3 textures and is ugly like your sister's butt, or Team Fortress 2 which is being invaded by orangemaps.

"Duct Tape is the answer."

well i broke it more. i knew i could shave atleast 1 portal off. but i believe this is the lowest possible score on portals aside from cheating/glitching... and i don't box jump or bunny hop... so i guess that won't be a problem
though i did have to use what i consider to be a "glitch" but most people don't... so i used it which is

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
but even without this i can get 7 portals :-/
[img]http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6195/testchamber00026not10dq2.jpg[/img]

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
on the texture face editor it has your "scale" (which SHOULD be x 0.25, y 0.25) making those -0.25 will flip it vertically and horizontally (respectively), use as needed

:arrow: thanks for the heads up on how to fix the textures, rellikpd :!:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." -Albert Einstein
rellikpd wrote:
well i broke it more. i knew i could shave atleast 1 portal off. but i believe this is the lowest possible score on portals aside from cheating/glitching... and i don't box jump or bunny hop... so i guess that won't be a problem

Wow, I thought I did alright getting 11 portals! I guess I need to practice my ninja skills more...

Fusion wrote:
Wow, I thought I did alright getting 11 portals! I guess I need to practice my ninja skills more...

"Least Portals" challenges are my favorite. and i pride myself in trying to find the true lowest possible portals (especially on the retail maps, or user maps that are actually fun to play more than once (like this one is; most user maps are not fun to play more than once, many are fun the first time, but not necessarly more than once))

do NOT click this
Fusion wrote:

You got silver in my book. :wink:

rellikpd wrote:
"Least Portals" challenges are my favorite. and i pride myself in trying to find the true lowest possible portals (especially on the retail maps, or user maps that are actually fun to play more than once (like this one is; most user maps are not fun to play more than once, many are fun the first time, but not necessarly more than once))

I like the portals challenge best too. Time isn't so bad either, but least steps isn't fun and extremly difficult. So... any chance you will tell us how you did it? :D

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next