Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Accident Prone

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

it's truly official now.

We're cross-posting. :D

Portal Maps and Mods - browse, rate, play

i like the map, though manny bugs.
and the goals of each puzzle where hard to figgure out.
try to avoid adding new gameplay if we hadent have a intruduction of it yet... example: i tried like 10 min's to get past those pistens, and then i discoverd i needed to go back i gave up.

exept those things i really liked it.

done with map for contest...
WOOT COMPETITION

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Generally, it's chock-full of inventive, challenging puzzles. Great use of textures to create areas that look good and make sense in the game world.

I would love to hear a description (or see a .DEM) of how to get past the tetherball room with a fling.

Here's how I got through the map:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

All this plus Challenge modes -- sweet. Great work, Shmitz!

Cr00ked.

In response to people saying they actually did something with the piston area:

Spoiler

msleeper wrote:
nickworks is cool in my book.

I never said I wasn't cool with him - but IMO advertising other sites shouldn't be appreciated.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Crooked Paul wrote:
I
I would love to hear a description (or see a .DEM) of how to get past the tetherball room with a fling.

Heres what I did (hopefully this is still possible in the final version; I downloaded it a day or two before release:

Spoiler

Quote:
To do the fling in the room with stacked pallets, I ...

Doh! Didnt spot that; gotta try it that way. I did this:

Spoiler

xitooner wrote:
Spoiler

That sounds like "tunneling" to me. Let me get it straight: (I'll use portal colors for clarity.)

Spoiler
Is that right?

Cr00ked.

Yep; "tunneling", "portal-thru-portal", I've seen a few names for it. Tunnelling sounds good to me. :)

Definitely one of the most advanced and well done maps I've played so far. However, the ball and chain thing got me. I spent maybe 30 minutes playing around with it but I just couldn't figure it out. I finally gave up and read spoilers to find out how it works. Perhaps you need to make it more obvious or give us a tutorial on how to use it. Other than that, I tried the second jump puzzle a variety of different ways that almost worked.

I can't wait for the next series ;0

Here's what I did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0FD_xCoYR4

I didn't get the tetherball either :twisted:

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next