Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PTI fullbright bug question

PreviousPage 2 of 2

This happened to me in that little part after you compile where you skip the elevator. When I published it went away and the lighting was normal again.

Big Mood

For some reason the lighting corrected itself when I loaded it up yesterday. Weird. Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

I have the same problem with one of my maps. It randomly build itself in fullbright mode. I don't know why, but the problem can be solve with the command "mat_fullbright 0".
Each time it happens, i enter this console command and everything comes back to normal.

I only use PeTI, no Hammer at all. I guess it's just a bug.
But from my experience, the problem doesn't solve itself.
No matter how many times i rebuild the map, the fullbright bug is still there, until i use the console.

Not a big deal once you know what to do.

On the topic of instances making maps non fullbright:

They do, if theres a light entity in that instance. (duh)

on this entire subject: obviously mat_fullbright is stuck on 1, and if you don't use Hammer... damn, that must mean some guy uploaded a fullbright map to the workshop. Talk about lazy....

Alexander Bell wrote:
On the topic of instances making maps non fullbright:

They do, if theres a light entity in that instance. (duh)

on this entire subject: obviously mat_fullbright is stuck on 1, and if you don't use Hammer... damn, that must mean some guy uploaded a fullbright map to the workshop. Talk about lazy....

I haven't try all the maps i subscribed to. You mean that one of them being fullbright would cause the bug in PeTI ?

Its not a bug, just if the person who makes the map doesn't add ANY light entities, instead of going erm... fulldark, it goes fullbright, which it executes via the console by changing mat_fullbright to 1.

PreviousPage 2 of 2