Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PTI fullbright bug question

Page 1 of 2Next

I made some changes to an existing file in PTI and the lighting became fullbright after the build. Is there a way to fix this without fiddling around in hammer? I could unpublish and delete, but then I'll lose the stats.

Type in console mat_fullbright 0? I'm not sure, never experienced this problem

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

Something went wrong with the lighting. Try building again, without the VRAD skipper if you used that :P , or if that fails add a Light entity in Hammer.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Doesn't the game automatically get rid of fullbright if there's an instance? Did you change anything with the props?

Big Mood
portal2tenacious wrote:
Doesn't the game automatically get rid of fullbright if there's an instance? Did you change anything with the props?

I don't think so. I did not use hammer at all. I vaguely remember adding cleansing gel (plus a few changes to the geometry/surfaces) to the map in PTI and then it happened.

verify your cache
when you say

cyhborg wrote:
I made some changes to an existing file

do you mean you changed a sourcefile? or just loaded up your puzzle the normal way
also, if you didn't do this... do it

UsCobra11 wrote:
Type in console mat_fullbright 0

make sure you have developer console enabled

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
portal2tenacious wrote:

I don't think props or instances have anything to do with the map being fullbright.

BenVlodgi wrote:
verify your cache
when you say

cyhborg wrote:
I made some changes to an existing file

do you mean you changed a sourcefile? or just loaded up your puzzle the normal way
also, if you didn't do this... do it

UsCobra11 wrote:
Type in console mat_fullbright 0

make sure you have developer console enabled

I verified it but nothing has changed. Other maps are fine, though. And yes, I loaded the puzzle the normal way, as in i fired up PTI, edited a map there and clicked "build". I'm away from my PC (phantom limb pain!), so I can't try out the console commands until the coming weekend.

weird bug, could you give a link to the map in the workshop?
I could try and see if it also shows up fullbright for me.
If it is I could try to grab the map, de-compile it and see if there's a problem in the source file.
If there is hopefully it can be fixed :)

cyhborg wrote:
I made some changes to an existing file in PTI and the lighting became fullbright after the build. Is there a way to fix this without fiddling around in hammer? I could unpublish and delete, but then I'll lose the stats.

Sometimes, only because you played a map bad lighten up or bad made, your game default brightness changes. So maybe that bug is not directly caused by your own map, but other's. You should restart steam and try again your map. If that bug is still there, then open the console and type: mat_fullbright 0.

If the fullbright is still there, then maybe it is a problem with your map... which light enmtities did you place in your map? ohh, wait, as this is PTI map, the lights should be placed automatically, shouldn't they?

Could you check out if there's a leak in your map after those changes you mentioned that you introduced?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
Page 1 of 2Next