Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Problems with Portal's Graphics

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

@Number1SuperGuy: I have experience on building my own computer trust me. ^_^ And No I dont need a new monitor.

Well I was planning on buying a AMD 780 motherboard with a build it powerfull video card.

Black edition? easy to overclock? Ahh thats my my big bro really wanted that proccessor ahaha. For the record he bought it but never overclocked it.

@Hober: actually SuperGuy really helped

@rellikpd: ????

Well Thanks Guys for the recommendations and tips. Im making a list now.
I think I should have a budget of Php 15,000 "php 40 per $1" it is heavy for my pocket.

Every move requires confirmation before executed to prevent stupidity and humiliation.

I can get portal to run on high with a Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE, which is a horrible graphics card by today's standards. In fact, you won't find it listed on Nvidia's site, because it's so bad. My laptop's ATI Radeon X1600 outperforms it.

Admiral Buttercrust will destroy you with his buttery goodness.

If you've got $170 clams to spare: ECS N8800GTS-512MX GeForce 8800GTS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... %2b8800gts

$169 after rebate + tax and shipping. I just picked one up and actually replaced my 8800 GTX with it. Loads quieter. Has the 65 nm GPU. Less power draw so you don't need to upgrade a PSU past 400W. And it runs as well as my 8800 GTX did. Graphics are as good. At least I can't tell the difference. I am so happy I got this card!

So THAT'S how you do that!
Ehqz wrote:
I think I should have a budget of Php 15,000 "php 40 per $1" it is heavy for my pocket.

Hmm... At that exchange rate you'd end up with $375 which won't buy you much of a computer... But really, you could buy just about any video card/processor that's still being manufactured and play portal well so I'd say just look for the cheapest parts you can find. Post those here and we'll let you know if they'll do the job :D

okie thanks guys, I'll be taking a look around on some PC parts shops here..

Every move requires confirmation before executed to prevent stupidity and humiliation.

One thing you may need to check is which graphics card slot you have. Most newer graphics cards are for PCI-Express-x16 slot, but your motherboard may only have an AGP slot.

If you have an AGP slot, you are more limited in the cards you can buy, as they are becoming more of a rarity nowadays.

NocturnalGhost wrote:
If you have an AGP slot, you are more limited in the cards you can buy, as they are becoming more of a rarity nowadays.

I've got an old AGP slot motherboard. I managed to find an AGP Radeon X1950 Pro which is about the highest level of card before they stopped making them for AGP slots. I couldn't find any decent NVIDIA AGP cards.

User has been banned for this post. --msleeper

Cooper wrote:
I can get portal to run on high with a Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE, which is a horrible graphics card by today's standards. In fact, you won't find it listed on Nvidia's site, because it's so bad. My laptop's ATI Radeon X1600 outperforms it.

thats probably laggy, i have an 8600 card and i only run medium stats, and even then i have to use mouse smoothing to stop the pc from making laggy movements.

AGHAGHGAHGA BUMPS :evil:

http://thespaceturkey.wordpress.com/
The following statement is false
The preceding statement is true
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next