Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Post your Portal 2 Authoring Tool Bugs

PreviousPage 2 of 15Next

Looks like if you have your Portal 2 content directory with the instances folder on one drive/partition, and your VMFs for your map on another, the instances will fail to load. You can fix this either by keeping your VMFs in the same partition as the instances, or do what I did and cheat and just copy the instances/ directory over to where you keep your maps at.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Quote:
not bug, but the func_instance colors are annoying, is there a way to change the alpha or remove the effect?

- Try >Instancing > View Instances > Show Normal

Hiding instances is the best way to deal with it IMO. Once you've got your cube droppers and start/end elevator and stuff in place, you don't really need to be staring at them all the time. Hide your instances until you are modifying them.

Also, like another poster said, Hammer doesn't want to respond too well after a compile and launch of Portal 2. If you wait long enough, your views will return, but as of now it is faster to re-launch Hammer. Thankfully you CAN save during this viewport bug (in case you didn't save before your compile like a good boy).

Ok I've gotten everything to work in my map including dynamic animated glass that breaks when the player steps on it :D

Only problem now is I can't get the custom music or sounds to play which work just fine in Alien Swarm SDK.

Anybody got any tips / advice? Do I need to change the sound files so they're higher than 88KHZ now? is there a particular sound type needed.

I think theres some information on the VDC about specific sound quality requirements, I've never messed with sound directly myself, but I assume it should be 88khz, and a wav file.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

I've gotten MP3s to work, but that was about 5 years ago with Crunk Rally and I have no idea what has changed since then.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

lights don't work anymore, I think it has something to do with my textures as i get these errors whilst compiling. just the same error for different locations.

Code: Select all
FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1174.0 0.0 -10.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
Leaf 1 contents:
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

Post the entire compile log. That looks like a leak.

so yesterday i thought: damn finally i have time to test out the portal 2 SDK

but then i realised i had the XP bug and the SDK wont even start for me ... *sadpanda*

That should be fixed today, actually.

In re: the broken viewports after launching P2... Whenever they blank out for me, (usually only the 2D views) I change them to a 3D view (by right-clicking in the top-left of each view) and then back to their respective 2D view. Works every time for me.

Have a nice day,
~Sidneys1

^Click to go to my Steam Community Profile^
PreviousPage 2 of 15Next