Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal: Prelude, A Huge Portal Campaign

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

It had camera shy.

I thought that it was great except for the bad english -_- and use of those voice programs. ugh. It really dragged the map down a few pegs imo. If they could ever redo it with actual people, then it would be AMAZING.

The cake is a rickroll.

Playing through it and will update as I go...

-Install taking forever...

-First off, intro kinda stolen. Nothing against the game but could be a little more unique...
-Rock You Like A Hurricane, really?

-Writing is pretty...ugh. I just don't feel like listening to the AI and it's a bit hard to tell them apart making it even harder to listen.

-Lighting while you are stuck after getting the Portal gun is blinding me.
-Ugh, why orange first? Left click is much more natural than right click.

-Wow, moving right into some advanced Portal techniques without any tutorial. Is it really necessary to show the player how to move but not give them any instruction on flinging?

-So I just detached a camera from the wall and my computer froze up. Thank god for Firefox's restore tabs and remembering what was in text boxes!

Anyways I don't feel like booting Steam back up again tonight...finish this off tomorrow hopefully.

Yea I'm hoping if they every do voice acting for this that they will remake the story so it will actually make sense AND clean up the writing a considerable amount.

The cake is a rickroll.

My post was unfair. I got really pissed when I read what youme said about them stealing 13 from him. I am sorry.

I do my science from scratch.
Quote:
Maps looks fantastic, everything is professional, and the ending worth the whole thing.

There are too many pros and you all know it so I'll just move to the cons:

The voices: With such a top quality maps, why using TTS? there are a lot of great voice actors out there and with all the hype you guys got you could get them with no problem, but I guess you used them while no one knew you're existing so yeah..., I think their apathetic voice just killed the mood a few times.
Also, I don't like how you used words like shit and fuck, I mean, I don't have problems with them but I don't think it fits the portal style.

Difficulty: GOD. that was hard as hell. I didn't used cheats and I've manged to beat it, but damn I had a few times that I almost broke my keyboard.
The puzzles themselves are not hard to understand, you pretty much know what to do, but doing it is hard, there are too many ways to die and too many ways to fail while trying to do something.
But my Flash Mappack suffer from that too and I'm admit it.
I just think the game should have been much easier.

That's pretty much the only cons I could find, there are a few more but don't worth mentioning.

Oh and I saw a lot of test chambers that looked almost identical to some of mine, I did got a little pissed when I first saw it, but when I saw I was in the credits everything chilled out. Smile

Otherwise the whole final chapter was AWESOME, so awesome that I played it two times, one after another.

I agree with you,but difficulty is really hard.Not just hard,but there are some things that are simply not fair and stupid:(spoiler)In one level,i walk into dark room,and from left and right turrets attack me and kill me.There are more things like that,and that irritates me,i need to die more times to figure out how to beat level.But the ending was good,at least what i saw,cuz my crappy pc cannot play ending good(it even cant play episode 2 good).This mod has great storyline,voices are not so bad,but sometimes,it really feels unnatural,and just kills the mood.There are a few good puzzles,but a lot of other just make me do a lot of things more times.Overall,nice mod,but i think flash mappack is better.

Oh, i can't wait to play it. but i'll wait til i get to my LAN party xD

EDIT: post 222 xD

Mr. Happy wrote:
In the commentary he claims to have invented step-flinging, which was first developed in Hurricaane's masterfull Logic Portals

Portal Prelude mapper = Hurricaane. Thus the, "Here I am, rock you like a hurricane" music in the relaxation chamber.

IMO, it really wasn't all that hard, just slightly annoying in some places.

The cake is a rickroll.

ahh, im stuck on lvl 19 :( any walkthrus? :3

My post was unfair. I got really pissed when I read what youme said about them stealing 13 from him. I am sorry.

I do my science from scratch.
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next