Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal: Prelude, A Huge Portal Campaign

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next

Guys, it's been released.

Completed it! Well, that was easily and BY FAR the most awesome portal related project I've ever played. The advanced chambers look to be hard as shit!

This was awesome, nicely done mod, I didnt care for the Computer voices, but otherwise great.

Wow, it could be easily an official project...
Simply amazing. Yesterday i played it till the 18th chamber, today for the last two!
And with all the extras etc... Congrats guys! 8)

FilePlanet? Oh no... No no no. I'm NOT registering there, only to download this...

Sob...

Guess I have to wait till someone uploads it here.

"Duct Tape is the answer."

So, who else got credited??

I was credited for 'mod idea' so I guess they're admitting they stole TS#13.... but thats ok I'd never have finished it anyway....

use bugmenot if you dont wanna register to fileplanet, or use this Filefront Mirror

Just finished it, here's my little review.

Maps looks fantastic, everything is professional, and the ending worth the whole thing.

There are too many pros and you all know it so I'll just move to the cons:

The voices: With such a top quality maps, why using TTS? there are a lot of great voice actors out there and with all the hype you guys got you could get them with no problem, but I guess you used them while no one knew you're existing so yeah..., I think their apathetic voice just killed the mood a few times.
Also, I don't like how you used words like shit and fuck, I mean, I don't have problems with them but I don't think it fits the portal style.

Difficulty: GOD. that was hard as hell. I didn't used cheats and I've manged to beat it, but damn I had a few times that I almost broke my keyboard.
The puzzles themselves are not hard to understand, you pretty much know what to do, but doing it is hard, there are too many ways to die and too many ways to fail while trying to do something.
But my Flash Mappack suffer from that too and I'm admit it.
I just think the game should have been much easier.

That's pretty much the only cons I could find, there are a few more but don't worth mentioning.

Oh and I saw a lot of test chambers that looked almost identical to some of mine, I did got a little pissed when I first saw it, but when I saw I was in the credits everything chilled out. :)

Otherwise the whole final chapter was AWESOME, so awesome that I played it two times, one after another.

So yeah, you guys totally kicked my map ass, well done! :D
Looking forward to more stuff.

After finishing it, playing the unlocked parts etc (found a couple of secrets too :wink:), i put it easily on my personal hall of fame!

Yeah, it was very hard, but i prefer to see it as a pro. There are already a lot of easy/medium or wannabe-hard maps out there, so its... sadistic (?) difficulty was welcomed by me. And yeah, the ending is very rewarding, after passing through... Scylla and Charybdis to see it. :roll:

Keep up, guys. You made something really great there...

EDIT: A con from me? It didn't have any achievements. :P

soad667 wrote:
Yeah, it was very hard, but i prefer to see it as a pro. There are already a lot of easy/medium or wannabe-hard maps out there, so its... sadistic (?) difficulty was welcomed by me.

From what I've heard, the puzzles here are simple but are really hard to actually do. I guess I'll have to play it to see if they mean twitch-portalling around, but that's not the way portal maps should be made, they should be easy to execute but difficult to wrap your head around.

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next