Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 3 - Fanmade Edition - Looking for Moders!

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next
spongylover123 wrote:
The only way for portal 3 to be portal 3 is to recode the whole game add new entities, gameplay elements.

The Portal:Access All Areas Engine is still in works.

spongylover123 wrote:
New GLaDOS dialogue from "ELLEN MCLAIN".

Done even by fan maps.

spongylover123 wrote:
New models, textures, new story.

All is possible. You just need more skill and patience.

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.

Looking at the OP, I sense you're going to need someone who can ACTUALLY SPELL. (AKA Me)

Spam at critical levels. Forum overheating. Evacuate immediately.
(Don't listen to him, we'll be fine)

--
Old signature preserved for historical reasons.
I wonder what happens when Cave Johnson gets his pain pills...
ants64 wrote:
We may have to change the name as Portal 3 could be made soon ...(well that or it's half life 3!)
so i will think up name with the team just in case!!!

Oh, I remember the days when I was this optimistic. ^_^

The OP has quit Portal 3 months ago.
The person's starting a new mod, Portal 2.5 Ratman's Run.
The person will never get it done without a proper team.

we are taking a break from this project and may not be made unless we gain some more peolpe and as ASBusinessMagnet said
It's all posible!!!

How many people you have working on it right now?

The Corrupted - 1st place winner of the ThinkingWithPortals.com mapping contest 2012 !!

at the moment a current total of two.
we got tons of play tester but we need more modders for maps and script writers
then we need i think 3 voice actors and a way to make director comments (so the makers can explain or talk about the mod)
then we could use some idea peolpe and possibly a graphic maker....or is that asking for to much? xD
but we can do most of these but it would take a wiale just with two peolpe working on this....
but like i said we having a break waiting to increase on numbers and skills and then we will try try try again!

I don't mean to bash on your project, in fact, enthusiasm is a key part of modding, but here's some things I'd like to point out:
* High quality projects take months, if not years. Understand what you're getting into.
* "Idea guys" are rarely productive, if at all. Usually the person who draws out the levels is a mapper with a good understanding of the Source Engine. I was the "ideas guy" for a failed mod. Guess why it failed.
* If you're going to add story, everything should be very logical. The story draft posted here didn't seem very well thought out tbh.
* If you're asking for help, slim down on the number of people you need. See if you can code, map, model, or animate. Larger teams usually are harder to lead.
* Also, have work done before you ask for help. I'm not going to join this project quite yet because I haven't seen anything coherent out of it other than a rough story. Screenshots of at least almost final levels are a must.
* Finally, convince us that you can pull off the project.

Don't take anything I say here personally. I just want to help you avoid the same mistakes I've made on other failed peojects.

I wish you the best of luck.

Released Maps
[spoiler]WOM Test 1
Laser Cube Quest
Mho' Power - Community Spotlight!
Four Corners[/spoiler]
wrathofmobius wrote:
I don't mean to bash on your project, in fact, enthusiasm is a key part of modding, but here's some things I'd like to point out:
* High quality projects take months, if not years. Understand what you're getting into.
* "Idea guys" are rarely productive, if at all. Usually the person who draws out the levels is a mapper with a good understanding of the Source Engine. I was the "ideas guy" for a failed mod. Guess why it failed.
* If you're going to add story, everything should be very logical. The story draft posted here didn't seem very well thought out tbh.
* If you're asking for help, slim down on the number of people you need. See if you can code, map, model, or animate. Larger teams usually are harder to lead.
* Also, have work done before you ask for help. I'm not going to join this project quite yet because I haven't seen anything coherent out of it other than a rough story. Screenshots of at least almost final levels are a must.
* Finally, convince us that you can pull off the project.

Don't take anything I say here personally. I just want to help you avoid the same mistakes I've made on other failed peojects.

I wish you the best of luck.

If you ask me this post should be plastered at the head of every Source mapping site on the Internet.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

I bet team citruz is having more progress than these guys (and we have been terribly lazy tbh xD)

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
PreviousPage 5 of 8Next