Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative: out now!

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

I just did a clean install of portal 2. No cigar. Hammer still crashes. C'mon I need my hammer fix ^_^

and i really hate to see my sixense or rather don't seeing it :| narf.

sixense says it will be up again shortly ... :notworthy:

Has anybody emailed Valve to shout at them for doing this to us *AGAIN* ?
I don't want or care about the new editor. I want my Hammer back!

Edit: 5 minutes later, an update has been pushed, and it's fixed and working again :-)

"Such monstrous sucking-constructions aren't built within one afternoon"

As of 6:30 PST over 9,000 maps have been uploaded. OMG!!

I came,
I saw,
I ran away as fast I could.
My Steam Page
hemotem wrote:
As of 6:30 PST over 9,000 maps have been uploaded. OMG!!

Yea, it's sick :O

My 3 maps have a total of 12130 downloads in 3 hours... that's a lot more then my maps here ;)

Its just so easy to use... after months of struggling and fighting with Hammer. So easy to create maps, easy to playtest maps, easy to download maps, install....

... But, I don't think it is as powerful as Hammer. It doesn't feel to be as flexible as Hammer, as configurable. In Hammer you can create your own style, create everything from the ground up. I'm already of the opinion that the editor maps just look "boring", they are interesting to play maybe, good puzzle designs and all, but boring. They just seem to lack the "spark" of maps TWP has gotten me used to. I'm not sure why. Maybe it needs to be able to do the different themes and the lack of custom content addition will soon start to show. The fizzlers for example needed a "deathfizzler" option!

But making the general concept and playtesting your puzzle, then converting to a Hammer map for details and atmosphere ajusting, and music, and custom stuff.. and then uploading to the workshop, that is where I think we will see the real maps shine... .. ..

And there we have the crux of the "problem", the editor is a good puzzle making tool, but I don't think it is a good map making tool... well one day release so far, lets let it grow a bit more... ...

RustyDios wrote:
Its just so easy to use... after months of struggling and fighting with Hammer. So easy to create maps, easy to playtest maps, easy to download maps, install....

... But, I don't think it is as powerful as Hammer. It doesn't feel to be as flexible as Hammer, as configurable. In Hammer you can create your own style, create everything from the ground up. I'm already of the opinion that the editor maps just look "boring", they are interesting to play maybe, good puzzle designs and all, but boring. They just seem to lack the "spark" of maps TWP has gotten me used to. I'm not sure why. Maybe it needs to be able to do the different themes and the lack of custom content addition will soon start to show. The fizzlers for example needed a "deathfizzler" option!

But making the general concept and playtesting your puzzle, then converting to a Hammer map for details and atmosphere ajusting, and music, and custom stuff.. and then uploading to the workshop, that is where I think we will see the real maps shine... .. ..

And there we have the crux of the "problem", the editor is a good puzzle making tool, but I don't think it is a good map making tool... well one day release so far, lets let it grow a bit more... ...

I agree completely, I think I will make the puzzles in PEti export them to hammer, do some finer detailing and export them back to the workshop.

I agree. Hammer allows for that unique little flare that mappers can give that the new editor just can't compare to. Now if they enable an advanced mode for it later on down the pipe, that'd be interesting, but for now its a good roughing tool.

There is no good or evil in the world. Thinking makes it so.

Hello everybody. I think I must be VERY stupid but...I don't know how to download the new levels I see on the workshop. I can access the levels by nagivating on Steam but I don't find any "download" button or similar to download the levels we find. I think I'm really stupid because only me seems to wonder how to do this. I definitly have no brain. Can anyone help me ?

DromEd wrote:
Hello everybody. I think I must be VERY stupid but...I don't know how to download the new levels I see on the workshop. I can access the levels by nagivating on Steam but I don't find any "download" button or similar to download the levels we find. I think I'm really stupid because only me seems to wonder how to do this. I definitly have no brain. Can anyone help me ?

Press subscribe in the workshop (on steam) click as many maps as you like, then fire up portal 2, go to community test chambers, and start playing :D

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next