Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Delayed Until April

Page 1 of 2Next

Portal 2 has been delayed until the middle of April, as announced yesterday:

Quote:
Valve today announced that Portal 2? the sequel to the ground-breaking title that won over 30 game of the year awards, despite missing its original ship date?will now be available the week of April 18th, 2011. This two month slip not only marks the shortest delay in Valve's proud tradition of delays, it represents the approaching convergence of Valve Time and Real Time. Though this convergence spells doom for humanity, it will not affect the new Portal 2 release date.

Just in time for my birthday!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Dammit, now its more than a month after my birthday. And it was gonna be 4 days after!

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

I'm guessing that I'm the only person who really does not care anymore. Valve would not be Valve without their silly delays.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

At first when I read this, I was upset. But then I realised that this is a good thing, my computer can't play games in the summer anyway!

We are not amused... but then again, we are not surprised.
Valve happens :P

hanging_rope wrote:
At first when I read this, I was upset. But then I realised that this is a good thing, my computer can't play games in the summer anyway!

Southern hemisphere I take it?

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

:x :x AWWW COME ON VALVE! WHYYYY MUST YOU TEASE US LIKE THIS!?
:x :x THERE HAD BETTER BE SOME DAMN GOOD IMPROVEMENTS FOR THEM TO DELAY IT
:evil: :evil: AGAIIIN!!!! I was SO excited for Febuary, but NoW I'll have to wait until APRIL! OH THE AGONY!!! Curse VALvE and they're "OMG we have a deadline and we didn't do crap. OHH. We'll just give ourselves more time to goof off" delays :roll: :roll: UGH!

As you can probably tell, I have been aching for P2 to come out and now I'm very mad at VALvE for delaying what I'm sure will be my FAVORITE game of all time. :thumbdown: Oh, VALvE!

EDIT:

Yeahhhh..

Sorry for that.

I just happen to like smileys, CAPITALS, and huge writing.
Mayybe I should loosen up a bit :|
But I am really annoyed about VALvE's completely dysfunctional time-scale (aren't we all?)
I got particularly mad at this one because, judging from all of the videos, hype, speculation, etc.
It seems like P2 is almost custom made for me, like the me in the future has gone back in time and developed his own game and came out with P2 as a result.

Yes, I'm pre-ordering it when I've waited exactly long enough to give anyone besides GameStop the chance to offer me bonus goodies for my pre-order (though those "custom bots" sound enticing).

And, as you can probably tell, I have a habit of exaggerating things.

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]

At first, I almost cried... but then I realised that Valve just think like me: deadlines were invented to be ignored. Their deadlines are theory.
._. But I'm sure that there will be more improvement and a more awesome game.

http://www.moddb.com/members/vinivite
Yes, I'm now on ModDB to annoy you all... MWAHAHAHAHA.

Whoa, antivector needs to take a chill pill.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
AntiVector wrote:
:Atomic Rage:

U Mad?

I really don't care. Its just a game. After its released and you don't wanna play it anymore because you've played it a million times, any anger about it being delayed will look dumb.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
Page 1 of 2Next