Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Placing Doors?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Alexander Bell wrote:
It's a prop_testchamber_door, and you need logic_relays, buttons, and all sorts of other stuff I don't know.

you really dont know what you're saying do you?

for random use in chambers use the prop_testchamber_door, for entrance, exit and areas between puzzles use the instance door, it has a built in areaportal which is great for performance

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
BenVlodgi wrote:
Alexander Bell wrote:
It's a prop_testchamber_door, and you need logic_relays, buttons, and all sorts of other stuff I don't know.

you really dont know what you're saying do you?

for random use in chambers use the prop_testchamber_door, for entrance, exit and areas between puzzles use the instance door, it has a built in areaportal which is great for performance

While I am genuinely clueless about most of... everything in Hammer, I was just making this post to try and send a pm to someone who was helping me with an error in one of my maps... didn't want to just spam lol.

:postpics:

:notwant:

:blah:

I kinda just thought of this with BenVlodgi's post, not sure why, but did anyone ever put the elevator logic and base into one instance? Would there be harm in that, because it seems useful, unless you want to change the base.

Alexander Bell wrote:
:postpics:

:notwant:

:blah:

That's a lot of emoticons/smilies/whatever they're called. Maybe a little too many... *suspicious eyes*

Big Mood

it would be really easy to do that, but personally I like the separate instances

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
DoubleThinking wrote:
As I said before, I am lazy. I really just make an instance from a door and copy it all over. I just wanted to know if that was possible in the puzzle creator. Oh an BTW don't think I am a noob in hammer or anything.

Quit now and Caaaaaake will be served. Yeah, right. Besides, you dont have to do everything in hammer. you can export it,

BenVlodgi wrote:
you can also always export your puzzles to hammer puzzlemaker_export <name>

and then edit the rest and finish it up w/ hammer. although, it isn't the bet idea, but it works.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!
portal2tenacious wrote:
I kinda just thought of this with BenVlodgi's post, not sure why, but did anyone ever put the elevator logic and base into one instance? Would there be harm in that, because it seems useful, unless you want to change the base.

I believe that the P2Editor instances do have the entrance and exit elevator instances that combines both base and logic elements together.

Lpfreaky90 wrote:
The PTI has a lot of stupid things:
* Easily exploitable maps
* Re-creations of puzzles everyone has done before
* Lack of light
* They look all the same
* Maps where there is no structure and you get lost in the gazillion indicator lights/panels/symbols etc.

You typed "Easily exploitable maps" twice. :lol:

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
You typed "Easily exploitable maps" twice. :lol:

oh and I forgot:

PreviousPage 2 of 2