Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Placing Doors?

Page 1 of 2Next

I do use Hammer for mapping, but when lazy at programming all that, I use the Puzzle Creator. Now is there a way to create doors to seperate test chambers? Not only the entrance and exit doors.

Well, that is actually very easy using hammer. It's an entity called prop_testchamber_door. And you can grab the door frame from the map called "zoo_mechanics.vmf" that you have in your sdk_content/maps folder.

And, even though I trust that you have much hammer knowledge [sarcasm seld test completed], I'd suggest you to check out this tutorial.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

As I said before, I am lazy. I really just make an instance from a door and copy it all over. I just wanted to know if that was possible in the puzzle creator. Oh an BTW don't think I am a noob in hammer or anything.

DoubleThinking wrote:
As I said before, I am lazy.

That won't get you very far in mapping.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal
DoubleThinking wrote:
As I said before, I am lazy. I really just make an instance from a door and copy it all over. I just wanted to know if that was possible in the puzzle creator. Oh an BTW don't think I am a noob in hammer or anything.

Sorry, if you're lazy: don't use hammer. ;)
If you want doors; try just using panels and fizzlers/laserfields instead. They are sufficient.

I'm making a puzzlemaker mod which adds doors, but besides that go with what LPfreaky said
you can also always export your puzzles to hammer puzzlemaker_export <name>
also though it looks nice, your video showing your recreation had a lot of misaligned textures.... which is quite nooby

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Personally there is a lot more nooby stuff around the world of mapping without the puzzle maker if you look around YouTube....

DoubleThinking wrote:
Personally there is a lot more nooby stuff around the world of mapping without the puzzle maker if you look around YouTube....

because every n00b posts their stuff on youtube
and yes there is, but one thing that does stick out just as much as misaligned textures are PTI maps
I'm not against them, I'm just tired of seeing so many

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
DoubleThinking wrote:

There are quite a lot of "look-this-is-hammer-and-I-learned-it-in-5-minutes-and-now-I-will-bug-the-entire-world-with-this-fact-maps" but most of them don't land in the workshop or here on twp. (if they land on twp they will probably end up in the trashcan anyways).

The PTI has a lot of stupid things:
* Easily exploitable maps
* Re-creations of puzzles everyone has done before
* Lack of light
* Easily exploitable maps
* They look all the same
* Maps where there is no structure and you get lost in the gazillion indicator lights/panels/symbols etc.

Conclusion;
PTI is nice, but there's a lot more crap in there then awesome maps. For awesome maps this site is still the best ^_^

It's a prop_testchamber_door, and you need logic_relays, buttons, and all sorts of other stuff I don't know.

Page 1 of 2Next