Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

PreviousPage 7 of 15Next
portal2companioncube wrote:
How do you get the Beta version? I'm so excited for this to come out, I want to try it ASAP!

Yeah I do too. Hopefully it won't get delayed though and by the look of things it's not going to. There is a Youtube channel called "ValveTime" that's uploading videos of the editor approved by Valve.
Like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv ... -L55aNXOSg

Even still, watching someone use it and actually using it are two entirely different thing though. I envy those beta testers.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

It feels like it will be another year before it's released. Time is going by so slow! The first day this is out, I'm going to create, like, 20 testchambers! How many player-created levels do you think will be out there on Wednesday (one day after it's released)?

I think there will be a hell of a lot, how many good maps? I've got no freaking clue, most likely there will be a lot test maps that are not interesting, only for the person that showed off that he/she can use a tool that is designed to be easy to use.

I think you should go for good puzzles rather then a lot of maps.
If you plan to release 20 maps in a day (say 20 hours, 4 hours of sleep is often a good idea) that means you have an hour to design a puzzle.

I can create a map in the easy map maker in about 20-30 minutes, if I have an idea and a puzzle in mind. I think it's impossible to create 20 decent puzzles in just a day. Even in the easy map maker, but feel free to prove me wrong :thumbup:

I have a design I have been working on since I heard about the map maker and will be polishing it up till release date lol. Myself I do not think that my maps are that great, so they don't get published. This way I can publish and not worry too much if my map sucks or not. lol

I came,
I saw,
I ran away as fast I could.
My Steam Page

Does the Puzzle creator force you to solve a map before you can upload it? :3

Habzs wrote:

No.

Habzs wrote:

Planning on uploading broken shit?

Kaleido wrote:
Planning on uploading broken shit?

Dude, I'm just asking.

So am I. :P

Kaleido wrote:
So am I. :P

What makes you think I plan on doing that?

Anyway, 4 more days!

PreviousPage 7 of 15Next