Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

PreviousPage 8 of 15Next
Habzs wrote:
What makes you think I plan on doing that?

Well, you did ask: "Does the Puzzle creator force you to solve a map before you can upload it?" Lots of people have no tolerance for spam maps. I'm not accusing you of being a spammer or anything, it's just that you asked the one question that spammers would want to know about. Ugh, so many horrible memories.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

I don't think there's too much reason to be concerned about "spam maps". Not that the workshop won't be flooded with thousands upon thousands of boring or broken maps - it absolutely will be - but that's why there's a rating system in place :) It looks like it's set up so that dull stuff will go to the bottom of the pile pretty quickly.

Krem wrote:
I don't think there's too much reason to be concerned about "spam maps". Not that the workshop won't be flooded with thousands upon thousands of boring or broken maps - it absolutely will be - but that's why there's a rating system in place :) It looks like it's set up so that dull stuff will go to the bottom of the pile pretty quickly.

I really hope so, but apparently it works for TF2 and Skyrim, in the portal 2 beta it isn't really working just because there are not enough people. But valve said it will be fine and I believe them :)

Question for beta testers:
Can you put brush entities in your map like trigger_multiples using the editor? Or do you have to put those in using Hammer? Also, can you tell something what you specifically want it to do to the entity it's connected to? Like, if you connected a button to a funnel, can you tell it to reverse the funnel instead of just turn it on or off?

portal2companioncube wrote:
Question for beta testers:
Can you put brush entities in your map like trigger_multiples using the editor? Or do you have to put those in using Hammer? Also, can you tell something what you specifically want it to do to the entity it's connected to? Like, if you connected a button to a funnel, can you tell it to reverse the funnel instead of just turn it on or off?

No.
No.
Yes.
Yes.

I have a question for the beta testers too. Is there a way to put GLaDOS' cameras on the walls? If not than, in my opinion, there should be. It's an overlooked and small detail in some maps but it helps add that feel of always being watched. If not then I'll just put them there through Hammer.

Thanks in advance for the response. :)

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

There are no glados camera's.
Glados isn't everywhere in the multiverse :(

lpfreaky90 wrote:

Why don't they just wirelessly connect her?
:lol:

lpfreaky90 wrote:

lol good point! :lol:

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Let's get some questions out of the way:
This is what you can add in the editor:
* Button
* Floor Button
* Cube Button
* Sphere Button

* Cube
* Companion cube
* Sphere
* Frenkencube

* Funnel
* Faithplate
* Hard light bridge
* Stairs

* Fizzler
* Glass/Grate
* elevator
* Moving platform

* Laser emitter
* Laser catcher
* Laser relay
* Laser redirection cube

* Glass panel
* moving panel (30, 45, 60 or 90 degrees I believe) (either portalable or not)
* Flipping panel (portalable yes/no)
* Observation room (light source)

* Laser fields
* Turret
* Water
* Lamps (light source)

* Blue gel
* Orange gel
* White gel
* Water

Indicator lights are done automatically.
That's what you can add... ... what you can build with it is up to you!

PreviousPage 8 of 15Next