You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

sadly, this isn't on xbox or ps3.

spongylover123 wrote:
sadly, this isn't on xbox or ps3.

Yet

The Corrupted - 1st place winner of the ThinkingWithPortals.com mapping contest 2012 !!
lpfreaky90 wrote:
*cough* Lp's Lazr0s has been mostly made in the easy map maker *cough*
Some tiny tweaks in hammer (like placement helpers, autosaves and my deathfizzler) But the rest is all easy map maker! :3

So I take it that initially, at least, it's Clean style only?

Can you upload a whole mappack in one piece? Can you upload VPKs? Do VPKs work again? I hope this all so damn mauch.

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information
Image
Brainstone wrote:
Can you upload a whole mappack in one piece? Can you upload VPKs? Do VPKs work again? I hope this all so damn mauch.

Well, I'm not sure how much I should say here, but you can upload maps and then place them in a set (and possibly disable individual download) And I don't see any real need to upload a VPK as you can just pakrat your files...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

I can't wait for this! I really hope that this will live up to my expectations. :lol: As P0rtalPlayer is, I am also going to post maps here, I like this community and the feedback everyone gives here at TWP. I am just pretty much worried about the rating system, I will expect to see comments like this. Lol nice map dude, I like the bouncy gel. Rating: 5/5. When it's just a big box with gel and a door. But this will make texture alignment etc. way easier! Overall, I really just can't wait for this to come out! :-P

Code: Select all<msleeper>: i'm a fat male who gets bored at sporting events
Paradoxic R3mix wrote:
I can't wait for this! I really hope that this will live up to my expectations. :lol: As P0rtalPlayer is, I am also going to post maps here, I like this community and the feedback everyone gives here at TWP. I am just pretty much worried about the rating system, I will expect to see comments like this. Lol nice map dude, I like the bouncy gel. Rating: 5/5. When it's just a big box with gel and a door. But this will make texture alignment etc. way easier! Overall, I really just can't wait for this to come out! :-P

There's not much worry of that. The rating system is based on + and -, rather than a star value - all maps start with 2.5 out of 5 and the ratings will modify that from there. It's the same as with the skyrim workshop.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
Cyberwurx Web Hosting

Man, that just looks so cool. I still really wish I got accepted into the Beta for it but you know maybe when the next beta comes around I'll get into it. I always gotta have hope. :D

Anyway I love the way this looks, I cannot wait to get to use it, I hope to be able to create some awesome test chambers with it. I'm actually looking forward to putting some of my already existing maps and the ones I've yet to create on the Steam Workshop as well as continue to upload them here on this site. I have a feeling that the Portal mapping community is about to get a whole lot bigger. I just wonder how many "Test maps" we will see in the first couple of weeks. Even so I'm looking forward to seeing the test chambers that come out of this.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

Cna you choose to make a map without having it be public? If so then that would fix the issue with having lots of "test maps".

DFTBA wrote:
Cna you choose to make a map without having it be public? If so then that would fix the issue with having lots of "test maps".

Well, you can, but from past experience I have no reason to believe that people testing things out for themselves will check that option... So I think I won't touch the workshop in the first two weeks or so. :lol:

On a more serious note, I honestly think general release quality of products here on TWP is gonna' be so much better, seeing as there's little to no need to post a test map here anymore. :D With that in mind, I too can't wait!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]