Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

PreviousPage 2 of 15Next

Even if this editor will be easier to make puzzles, fine tuning in hammer will still be the way to go. I assume you can't insert complex logic or perhaps fine tune props.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
Even if this editor will be easier to make puzzles, fine tuning in hammer will still be the way to go. I assume you can't insert complex logic or perhaps fine tune props.

Oh, hammer fine tuning will certainly be the way to go.... but the editor does a great job of setting up the bare-bones of a map complete with good logic, oh and an update to the vbsp.exe to fix instance IO :D its really nice now.... I would give more detail, but I know Valve doesn't really like us talking about it that much. and the trailer will be coming out tonight, so you'll get to see it then :D

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

If its as clean as they make it seem, then its definitely a blessing for map makers, since they can rough out everything quickly and get most of the lighting and props set, then as everyone mentioned, go back and fine tune it in hammer. Thats what I hope for anyway.

There is no good or evil in the world. Thinking makes it so.

Bugger I will be away for 10 days as of the 7th May. :(

Do you think we will be flooded with a whole lot of crappy maps and the good ones won't get notice, just because of the sheer volume of releases

clickaus wrote:
Bugger I will be away for 10 days as of the 7th May. :(

Do you think we will be flooded with a whole lot of crappy maps and the good ones won't get notice, just because of the sheer volume of releases

Luckily, it's not possible to publish portal 2 puzzles anywhere but the workshop without passing through hammer...so that's something of a gate of quality.

And if you were referring to on the workshop, Valve has said there will be a filter option for hammer maps. So there's that too.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

Yay trailer. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... l-2/729578

Well, I gotta say it looks more versatile than expected!

Habzs wrote:
Yay trailer. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... l-2/729578

Just saw that too... I counted at-least 4 of my chambers in that video :D :D :D

*cough* Lp's Lazr0s has been mostly made in the easy map maker *cough*
Some tiny tweaks in hammer (like placement helpers, autosaves and my deathfizzler) But the rest is all easy map maker! :3

lpfreaky90 wrote:
*cough* Lp's Lazr0s has been mostly made in the easy map maker *cough*
Some tiny tweaks in hammer (like placement helpers, autosaves and my deathfizzler) But the rest is all easy map maker! :3

and nobody even noticed!... like a boss

PreviousPage 2 of 15Next