Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative

Page 1 of 15Next

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04 ... ext-month/

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... l-2/729578

Quote:
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the free Portal 2 DLC titled "Perpetual Testing Initiative" will be available for the PC and Mac on May 8th.

The "Perpetual Testing Initiative" allows players to easily create, share, and play Portal 2 puzzles. The Initiative comes with a simplified puzzle maker that allows that creation of mind-bending puzzles without ever leaving the game.

The puzzle maker can directly publish maps to the Steam Workshop where users can browse, vote on, and select to play them. Selected puzzles will automatically be downloaded and installed inside Portal 2.

Portal 2 holds a Metacritic score of 95% and has been awarded numerous Game of Year awards. It features expansive single and cooperative multiplayer game modes.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/7842/

I seriously hope they make it possible to put custom maps made with Hammer to steam workshop as well!

Must restrain myself...

Exams... etc...

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

yes, you can upload hammer maps.

Yay :D

Cool, it has a name :D

I was surprised it was so soon. But then again, valve has been pushing a lot of things till "after it ships," so I guess it makes sense.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

What I really want to know: Once you make a map with this, will you be able to fine-tune it with Hammer? This doesn't seem like it would be able to be very precise with some types of map. But it would be a convenient backbone for you to use for a "Real" map.

DFTBA wrote:
What I really want to know: Once you make a map with this, will you be able to fine-tune it with Hammer? This doesn't seem like it would be able to be very precise with some types of map. But it would be a convenient backbone for you to use for a "Real" map.

There is a feature to export to VMF, if that's what you're asking.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

Can't wait to test this out,
really can't wait...as I know myself I will have something better to do than mapping for some time after 15.05.12 *g*

*note, make a Diablo meets Portal map - however strange it would be...*

My Portal 2 Maps:
1 , 2 , 3
DFTBA wrote:

It would be ridiculous if you couldn't... puzzle files have a p2c extension, but there is an export command, and vmfs are auto-generated whenever you compile w00t.... so yes vmfs for everyone!.... everything is instanced so its nice

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Yay. Though exams are such spoilers. D:

Page 1 of 15Next