Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Perpetual Testing Initiative DLC - Puzzle Creator, Workshop

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next

Will this ruin the map making we know today?

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...
Logic wrote:

How could it? The map maker isn't good enough to lead to perfectly created maps.

It will massively increase the number of people interested in mapping, playing Portal 2 custom maps and using the Hammer editor itself, this will simply rejuvenate the entire P2 community.

Kaleido wrote:
moderator note: removed video, valve doesn't want this to be shared yet

ahaha.. what a shame. That video sold me on how awesome the editor is. It's a better promo than Valve's video :o

Oh well. It looks brilliant. If anything, this will make more people interested in learning Hammer, which is a great thing!

The Irate Pirate wrote:
Logic wrote:

How could it? The map maker isn't good enough to lead to perfectly created maps.

It will massively increase the number of people interested in mapping, playing Portal 2 custom maps and using the Hammer editor itself, this will simply rejuvenate the entire P2 community.

Sounds good then :P

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...

here's a dumb question...would we be able to play these maps on console versions?

I can't wait for this. Will be nice to be able to build some simple tests until I can use Hammer properly.

BradDoug wrote:
here's a dumb question...would we be able to play these maps on console versions?

Probably PS3 only. You will only be able to actually build maps on the PC version though.

From the trailer you can see it's only PC and MAC :(

lpfreaky90 wrote:
From the trailer you can see it's only PC and MAC :(

No, the puzzle creator is PC and Mac only. PS3 users will be able to download the maps that people have made via Steam. Maybe not straight away, but Valve did say that custom content would be made available on console.

IDK why people buy Valve games on console though TBH...

fv5sFExGgZk

Also:

Quote:
David Sawyer has revealed that puzzle creator created maps can be exported into Hammer for additional polishing. He has also revealed that hammer made maps alone can be submitted to the Steam Workshop.

HELL. FUCKING. YES.

Gear map pack v1.0 Final Destination Edition assemble. Seriously though I have 8 maps that I playtested with sleeper, and they are literally all done and just need a final art pass. Gonna get back to those. Mr. Happy is down to do another map pack to. Sleeper, join us. Become a legend. A Steam Workshop Legend.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

OK, so does this mean all level creators will be uploading their maps to the Workshop? For example, the Summer Testing Initiative thingy from last summer? I played a few of those and loved them. Would love to replay them. Would be cool to play them straight through the Workshop.

EDIT: Actually, how about this... can TWP create its own Workshop account and upload maps that way, because with the username you'll KNOW you're getting a quality map? And in the map description you can tell who made the map and etc

I'm just wanting an easy way to find TWP maps on the Workshop, basically

EDIT 2: OK, I've never used the Workshop before (don't own Skyrim yet nor am I yet heavy into TF2) but browsing around I see this "collection" thing. If no one else is going to make one, then I will gladly making a collection of any and all TWP maps uploaded to the Workshop, so anyone can easily search for them.

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next