Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Official PROOF that Cave is NOT Chell's father

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next

After all, gaps in the storyline feed the community's interest in the game. Just like how discussions on movies like Source Code or Inception go wild on the internet with long long threads full of speculations.

TL;DR It's good publicity

Shift: Trichotomy - Beginnings ? Prelude ? Denouement

I have been tossing around a theory that Caroline and Cave Johnson were a couple. But due to Cave's sociopathic natures, she becomes distant. And out of Maternal need, she has an affair with Doug Rattman. But out of guilt, she never reveals to anyone that she got pregnant and decides to give up her child for adoption. Doug and cave never notice because they are too busy with science. The Foster parents that Caroline's child grows up with decided her name were to be Chell. Her last name was most likely redacted from paperwork to deliberatley stir up controversy. However it could be meant to hide the identity of her parents for protection, Of course a futile effort. Rattman favoured Chell out of instinct, not even knowing it was his daughter, and Caroline (aka Glados) didn't even know who she was until the final moments of the game when testing wasn't her prime directive. She became more aware of herself and of Cave and of Chell, and because she is a superminded robot, she deduced it all right before she was deleted by her own self. The turrets that sang the final opera were an interesting touch as well as the cube that was delivered behind chell. I theory that All AI in the enrichment centre were also products of brain mapping and mental data storage. They may be some of the people that worked for Aperature.

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.

Fracture: that is the stupidest theory I've seen.

I don't even see how any of these characters are even related.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
ChickenMobile wrote:

Plus he spelled "Aperture" wrong. :lol:
Some game plots are best left untold, since it usually takes a "weird" direction.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
ChickenMobile wrote:

its just a theory. Some people i know came up with far worse. One idiot thought the cooperative bots were Cave and Caroline. Another one thinks Wheatley is Cave. Plausible considering the mentality, unlikely considering the idiocy...and the british

One thing that kinda bugged me was that Chell looks almost Latino, Mexican, and/or Spanish in facial features. No way that she is biologically related to anyone else in the game. For all we know she is probably just another hobo born off the streets and scooped up by Aperture.

I don't see why you're still coming up with theories after I've already posted proof to the official story.

Lamarr wrote:
I don't see why you're still coming up with theories after I've already posted proof to the official story.

was that the picture of the diorama? or did i miss something else somewhere?

OH I ALMOST FORGOT THIS. The translated version of the final opera, from Latin to English. See if That means anything to ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50uibUalKIE

In my opinion, I think that even Valve themselves don't know who Chell's parents were. It's a mystery, and meant to be kept that way for our own imagination.

All we know is that she is the child of one of the scientists. I don't think it's anyone in particular. Just a random guy.

lol maybe its Greg's

That reminds me, doesn't Greg have a creepy daughter? :lol:

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 3 of 8Next