Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Official PROOF that Cave is NOT Chell's father

PreviousPage 8 of 8

Did you actually just say that GLaDOS has less personality in Portal 2 than in Portal.

Ciirulean wrote:
Did you actually just say that GLaDOS has less personality in Portal 2 than in Portal.

yes. If you think about it, glados seems really just...bored. every line she says up until the first boss is said in a very bored tone, accept for when she's proud of her newly re-made facility or when she is talking about you REAL suprise. in portal 1, she starts out sounding like a pre-recorded message and gets crazier and crazier in a subtle-yet-noticable way.

so i guess both versions have equal amounts, but the personality is more interesting in portal 1.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

It makes sense that she would be bored - after all, she had to relive you killing her, again and again... and then she finds you still alive and ready to kill her again (for all she knows.) Yaaaay.

She also should have less personality in P1 - I mean, with the cores and all that. Right?

Again, this is an old thread, but this whole subforum is, so...
Although we cannot extrapolate from Cara Mia that Chell is GLaDOS's daughter, as languages like Chinese use "brother" to mean a male around your age, but it is implied that there is some connection with these lines

Quote:
Oh thank god, you're alright.
You know, being Caroline taught me a valuable lesson. I thought you were my greatest enemy. When all along you were my best friend.
The surge of emotion that shot through me when I saved your life taught me an even more valuable lesson: where Caroline lives in my brain.

Leading us to a similar conclusion: Chell is related to Caroline
We know that even if Cave was Chell's biological father, that he was not her paternal father, according to the BYDTWD poster (mentioned by the OP) that refers to them as seperate people. Although we can theorize a relation between Chell and Rattman (I saw one theory in particular stating that Chell was the Child of Chell and Rattmann (no cloning or time travel)) or even that she is Greg's crazy daughter (disproved by stating that it isn't in the same universe), she may well be daughter of an unknown or unimportant scientist, or even an Orphan.
However: Chell's last name was redacted (for good reason), so we can theoroize that she is daughter of an important scientist, likely Cave, Caroline, or Rattmann, and her name was redacted so Cave wouldn't find out.
Somewhere in the game, GLaDOS mentions this

Quote:
I'm going through the list of test subjects in cryogenic storage. I managed to find two with your last name. A man and a woman. So that's interesting. It's a small world.

Which is her implying that they are her parents, but they could be siblings, unrelated, or GLaDOS lied, which seems particularly evident considering that Chell's last name is redacted.
It may also be notable that Cave Johnson is blond, while Chell is dark haired, so either she isn't related to Cave or she just inherited from Caroline.

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...

Rattmann couldn't have been Chell's father. The Lab Rat comics implies that Rattmann picked Chell because her files say that she is stubborn and never gives up on any occasion. If he picked her because she's his daughter, he wouldn't need to check her files to find out.

jack980517 wrote:
Rattmann couldn't have been Chell's father. The Lab Rat comics implies that Rattmann picked Chell because her files say that she is stubborn and never gives up on any occasion. If he picked her because she's his daughter, he wouldn't need to check her files to find out.

Then she may as well be an orphan

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...
PreviousPage 8 of 8