Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Music!

PreviousPage 3 of 28Next

Things I've been listening to recently:
Nonpoint
Coheed and Cambria
Circa Survive
Vanna
Receiving End of Sirens

but pretty much anything except country, and rap.
/shrug

pandar wrote:
Does anyone else like Tenacious D? I used to hate Jack Black so much, but Kyle Gass really busts it out on their solos. Songs like "Master Exploder" and "The Metal" and "Beezleboss". It's a refreshing twist on Rock 'n Roll and if you like Jack Black its hilarious.

Have no fear, for I like Tenacious D.
They truly F*cking rock and roll..

Isolation wrote:
I think Dethklok is funnier when it comes to parody metal anyway.

The problem is that Dethklok mostly parodies metal too closely so that a lot of times it's unintelligible. When the lyrics (i.e. comedy) is understandable, it's great stuff. Duncan Hills Coffee is an amazing song.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
The problem is that Dethklok mostly parodies metal too closely so that a lot of times it's unintelligible. When the lyrics (i.e. comedy) is understandable, it's great stuff. Duncan Hills Coffee is an amazing song.

Fansong is probably one of my favorites.

I see a lot of "what's" and not a lot of "why's". Everyone loves their own music but, personally, I rarely hear why.

I enjoy a song that builds on itself. For instance, "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse. It's one of those songs that starts slowly and builds towards a climactic solo about 75% into the song. I love songs like that. Even if the majority of the song isn't that pleasant, (i.e. B.Y.O.B by System of a Down) once the song reaches that solo, or in some cases the chorus, it makes it all worth while.

On the other hand there are times when I don't have the patience for slow and building songs and prefer 2 or 3 minutes of pure musical entertainment. When that is the case I usually find myself listening to more rap / hip-hop. Not to say that said genres contain no tracks with depth.

So what is it about your favorite band, artist or genre that you like?

PS. The two linked music videos the two best music videos of all time as voted by me.

What's with the devastating lack of Foo Fighters love? You should all be ashamed of yourselves :evil:

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

No thread about music is complete without the Lords of the Rhymes

The Lords of the Rhymes wrote:
Now all you Boffins and Bolgers, Bracegirdles and Proudfeet
I'm the skinny hobbit with all the fat beats
My name is Merry and I'm five feet tall
I used to fuck shit up at Brandybuck hall
My man Bilbo's older than Gerontius Took
Yeah you can read about it in the big Red Book.
"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I listen to a lot of indie rock. Mogwai, Feist, Iron & Wine, Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, the Books, Low, Sleater-Kinney, and like that. I also dig on the classics: The Who, Led Zep, the Clash, Velvet Underground, Beatles, Stones, Queen, New Order.

And I like the D... in manageable doses.

Cr00ked.
pandar wrote:
I see a lot of "what's" and not a lot of "why's". Everyone loves their own music but, personally, I rarely hear why.

So what is it about your favorite band, artist or genre that you like?

In my case, I like songs that fit my mood (yeah, based on my list of favorite bands, you can probably gather I'm an emo bastard with tendencies for liking a good bit of the ol' ultra-violence).

Other times, I listen to things to influence (and even force) mood (helpful when trying to write a scene that I want to inject some sort of meaning).

My favorites:
-System of a Down
-Biohazard
-Nightwish
-Offspring
-Sum 41
-Apocalyptica
-Within Temptation

PreviousPage 3 of 28Next