Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Music!

Page 1 of 28Next

Just curious as to what sort of music stimulates the TWP community.

Personally I'm a fan of pretty well all music. My current reigning favorites include;
-Muse
-Tool
-Aesop Rock
-Rage Against the Machine
-Queens of the Stone Age
-Atmosphere
-Any sort of classic rock with long badass guitar solo's
-Daft Punk
-Justice
-A Perfect Circle
-Eminem

And the list goes on. Throw up some favorite bands / artists. :)

Too many bands to list but i'll give you some themes.

RnB / Hip Hop
Indie
Trance/Rave

8)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Daft Punk
Nine inch nails
Arch Enemy
Sabaton
Mindless Self Indulgence

and the list goes on..

-K?rkk?inen

Bad Religion

NOFX

Disturbed

and a bunch of techno bands mostly.

Hm, been a long time.

NOFX
Guttermouth
Dead Kennedys
Dropkick Murphys
Daft Punk
AC DC
The Distillers
Ennio Morricone (Jeah this music friggin rocks! DON'T YOU DARE TO DENY IT!)
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Manowar
Pennywise
Rancid

Let's just say, everything going from Heavy Metal to Blues/Country is fine to me.

I'm generally a fan of the slow music, moreso.
Genres would include Indie, Funk, Techno/Trance, and anything sad, haha.

Bands would include Death Cab For Cutie, Appleseed Cast, Mars Volta, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Stark Raving Calm (Local Band, i mention because I listen to them SOO freaking much.) Cake, Everclear, Filter, Incubus, Modest Mouse, Moby, Mogwai, Pink Floyd, Pavement, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Perfect Circle..... Haha, the list could go and go and go.

And from time to time (parties, mostly) I love MSI.

My biggest rules are no current age rap (I like alot of the old stuff before angry rappers started talking about how hard life in the "hood" is. To which I have a feeling most of them have never even been in the "hood".) and under no circumstances do I tolerate country.

y-aji wrote:
My biggest rules are no current age rap (I like alot of the old stuff before angry rappers started talking about how hard life in the "hood" is. To which I have a feeling most of them have never even been in the "hood".) and under no circumstances do I tolerate country.

I agree with the country, but not about modern rap. I'm in accord with hating rappers who complain about their lives, almost as much as I hate rappers who talk about how good they are all the time. But there is, believe it or not, some good hip-hop out there. Aesop Rock, El-P, Atmosphere (definitive jux and the rhymesayers labels.) Refreshingly they do not complain about how horrible it was growing up and use intelligent lyrics.

Me and f0rkz at work, just listened to:

Asia - Heat Of The Moment
Foreigner - Cold As Ice
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero
Rush - Tom Sawyer
Journey - Don't Stop Believing

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

My sig gives a pretty decent cross section of what I like (though, it IS missing some key bands, only because I can't find logos I like :roll: )

But, the last 2 weeks have been full of White Zombie. Don't know why, it just has.

Having fun working in the eighties, sleep?

All joking aside, that's a hell of a playlist.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Page 1 of 28Next