Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Meet The Demogirl

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

she looks sad, that paintball gun must be too heavy for her

:P

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

indeed, she does look too sad, doesn't really fit with the whole "Team Fortress 2 is light hearted killing" thing

Also - since when did the scout have the sniper's mac gun?

Thats what I said when I saw it. Yet she didn't change it.

She saw the gun here: http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/07/te ... _photo.jpg

She doesn't actually play the game, she just likes to draw.

In TF2 beta?

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.
espen180 wrote:
In TF2 beta?

alpha. you can see in that pic all their clothes are grey, there really isnt much colour in there at all, where as now there is.

other changes:
demoman now has no TNT sticks :(
soldier now has no rocket in the end of his launcher
spy now has a revolver
medic has no needle now

other than the TNT sticks, I think what they shipped is probably better

The TNT looked pretty cool, but they probably were replaced by the regular non-sticky nade launcher.

My only other beef with that list is that I still think the Revolver texturing looks ... bad. Something about the way they tried to have a gunmetal look, but it came out looking pixelated...

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

The TNT sticks were probably the TF2 version of the MIRV grenade from Team Fortress Classic. There's a whole bunch of unused grenade models in the models shipped with TF2 (and, in fact, the model named w_grenade_mirv_demo.mdl is an untextured bundle of dynamite). But, as class grenades were completely cut from the game, the TNT bundle disappeared along with the rest.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

I still think they need to add grenades, even if different from TFC... conc grenade for medic would be a useful defense mechanism (although I still say it shouldn't throw you like they did in TFC), emp grenades for engineers allowing them to take out electrical equipment... standard grenades for everyone else would be fine, or add more of the old ones, like the nail grenades... the mirv grenade isn't really needed with demoman and medics ubercharge...

and I miss medics plague lol :P

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

I can't wait for someone to make a server-side plugin to add Infect back in. I hear they took Infection spreading out of Fortress Forever which is lame as fuck.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I don't know, man. Getting hit with it would be like an instant death sentence, except worse. "Oh, shit, I got infected, now I have to suicide or my team will lose the match." And, long story short, that's not just not fun; that's anti-fun, a game mechanic so horrible it sucks the fun out of everything surrounding it. And it would only be worse in 32-player games, which seem to be increasingly common on servers out there. Can you imagine how bad 2fort would be in such a situation? It's already pretty damn horrible, not to mention most levels have chokepoints you have to run through to get anywhere, infecting everyone on the way...

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next