Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mario / Portal Mashup

PreviousPage 2 of 2
josepezdj wrote:
And I can't ever get enough! (that should appoint me as Portal n?1 fan)

Someone's been watching Misery. :lol:

I think the only decent Super Mario Bros. Mod I've played is Super Mario Crossover. Being able to choose classic characters (Megaman, Samus, the guy in Castlevania whats-his-name, etc.) to play classic Mario levels is awesome.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
Wow, msleeper, to be frank I never thought you would think like so about Portal!

I enjoy Portal. I don't necessarily enjoy things pretending to be Portal, or things who put portals in them. I'm not the type of ravenous fanboy who eats up anything with portals on it just because it has portals on it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
josepezdj wrote:
logicalDemoness wrote:
What is a portal but a way of making a room needlessly recursive?

If it's so recursive, why:

logicalDemoness wrote:
I can't get past test chamber 12.

That doesn't make any sense... You should be able to solve all the chambers if it's such a recursive game, right? It seems that you never understood the logic in this game, and the way that difficulty can increase level by level. Portal is a compendium of puzzles only suitable for clever people... and you seem to be too frustrated to admit that the real problem you've got with this game is simply that you suck as player (puzzle-solver), don't you think? On the other hand... Really? can't make it to the end on Ch12? This chamber it's just flinging, man...

At least, if you are going to criticize this game, please FINISH IT FIRST.

I think you misunderstood my entire post?

Recursive means repeating or looping. A portal makes a room loop on itself. It was just a silly observation.

It's not Chamber 12 in Portal I can't get past, it's Chamber 12 in Mari0's Portal map pack. It looks like this:
http://youtu.be/UPq1KiynWyo?t=6m15s
I can't get past it because of the precise timing required and the fact that you only have three lives to do it in, which is why I mentioned I would like unlimited lives.

I love the Portal Gun. It's so bad.

do NOT click this
MasterLagger wrote:
Someone's been watching Misery. :lol:

Heheheh... awesome movie! (did I look like Kathy Bates in Misery!!??)

msleeper wrote:
I enjoy Portal. I don't necessarily enjoy things pretending to be Portal, or things who put portals in them. I'm not the type of ravenous fanboy who eats up anything with portals on it just because it has portals on it.

Well, I think I misunderstood you then... I HATE anything that pretends to be Portal, when is so far from Portal.

@logicalDemoness:

Well, it seems that I also misunderstood you man... Sorry. Anyway, I knnow the meaning of recursive but frankly I can't apply that term to Portal or Portal2, even though you make loops with portals, because I think that term is more derogatory than other kind.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

The game is ok. I realized in the mario campain its just better NOT to use the portal gun at ALL! :blah:

Form: 21738-A

Dwayne sally and Franklin are collectivley 10 years apart in age. Sally's favorite letter is G. Dwayne likes all the letters equally except for S. What is Franklin's favorite letter?

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z

[spoiler]THERE IS NO S. "Aperture science.com" (before it was shut down).[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 2 of 2