Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mario / Portal Mashup

Page 1 of 2Next

Well this is definitely a thing in a series of things that is made by putting together two things that people enjoy in the hopes of producing a third thing that people will also enjoy.

SaoHMjS04vU

Mari0 Official Site
Download link on bottom of the page.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Now let's do it the other way around ;P

CPC wrote:
Now let's do it the other way around ;P

Actually, Portal: The Flash Version, is the other way around, and a pain to beat.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

And then Portal: The Flash Version: The Mappack.

Portal fans, a neverending source of needless recursion.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Wouldn't the other way around be more like giving Chell a super mushroom? O_o

msleeper wrote:
Portal fans, a neverending source of needless recursion.

Well that just stands to reason. What is a portal but a way of making a room needlessly recursive?

Anyway this is a pretty good game. It's more fun to fool around trying to trap enemies than actually trying to beat Mario, I think. And the Portal maps have some interesting puzzles, but I really wish you had unlimited lives for that or at least could start on a later stage. I can't get past test chamber 12.

logicalDemoness wrote:
What is a portal but a way of making a room needlessly recursive?

If it's so recursive, why:

logicalDemoness wrote:
I can't get past test chamber 12.

That doesn't make any sense... You should be able to solve all the chambers if it's such a recursive game, right? It seems that you never understood the logic in this game, and the way that difficulty can increase level by level. Portal is a compendium of puzzles only suitable for clever people... and you seem to be too frustrated to admit that the real problem you've got with this game is simply that you suck as player (puzzle-solver), don't you think? On the other hand... Really? can't make it to the end on Ch12? This chamber it's just flinging, man...

At least, if you are going to criticize this game, please FINISH IT FIRST.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
At least, if you are going to criticize this game, please FINISH IT FIRST.

No, that's dumb. I don't need to play a game 100% to know if I'm enjoying it or not. If a game doesn't capture a players' attention and interest until several hours into the game, then it's a bad game.

As for this, I just couldn't get into it. The Mario-style movement is a little too off for me to just play it like a platformer. The portaling mechanic feels like a gimmick - probably because that's exactly what it is - and only really seems useful in 1 or 2 locations in the Mario campaign that I played through. As for the Portal campaign, I got sick of dying after like level 4.

msleeper wrote:
As for the Portal campaign, I got sick of dying after like level 4.

If you were sick after level 4, then that means I'm deranged for completing the entire campaign. Oh well, at least I got cake at the end.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

I got as far until I ran out of lives in the Mario campaign, which was pretty far considering I've been playing Mario 1 almost as long as it's been around. But the Portal campaign seemed uninspired, bland, and very unenjoyable. If I had unlimited live I might have tried getting further.

Wow, msleeper, to be frank I never thought you would think like so about Portal!

I quitted all the rest of games only to focus in Portal after I finished it in 2 evenings! I've played like 500 custom Portal maps... and around another 400 ones for Portal2.

And I can't ever get enough! (that should appoint me as Portal n?1 fan)

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
Page 1 of 2Next