Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lets talk about "adding" stuff to the game.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

It is pretty common knowledge that Valve hired on grads from DigiPen who came up with the concept for Portal, called Narbacular Drop.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
It is pretty common knowledge that Valve hired on grads from DigiPen who came up with the concept for Portal, called Narbacular Drop.

Talk about a worthwhile investment.

I would have loved to be those grad students. They all got instant jobs with valve. chaching!

Yeah, it kind of makes me depressed to know that I was considering going to DigiPen, and they graduated a year after I would have. :(

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

.:grr:.

I have a thought :oops: What if we could get the physics engine to recongnize certain textures that would cause the portal projectile being shot to ricochet instead of just disappearing.

Just a thought, I dunno anything about coding but if the "power" balls could bounce, why not the projectile?

There is a brush entity called func_portal_bumper, this might bounce portals but I haven't checked it out yet.

http://www.primotechnology.com/2007/10/ ... -2-portal/

<3
I was glad to see it go. The damn thing told me it was gonna shank me while I slept.

All they are doing is tricking the game engine, I am talking about a mod.. where anyone can download it and play it against eachother...

That won't be possible for some time until the full SDK update is made - which according to the Valve programmer mailing list, may be weeks and not days. I'll see if I can dig the email up and post it in the news.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next