Please or Register to create posts and topics.

L4D2 added to the workshop: File size increase!

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I'm not sure that would be a great solution as some people can use a lot of catapults in clever ways but it would be nice to have the option to custom filter certain tags and keywords, as the workshop seems to be getting clogged up by novelty maps.

What I think is that some people are using PTI just for using it and not for making decent puzzles.

I'm not up to date, so just a quick question here: Can you upload Steammods to the workshop?

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information

No. Only BSPs.

Falsi sumus crusto!

People complain about "novelty maps" and then wonder why we have strict content guidelines for our upload database.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
People complain about "novelty maps" and then wonder why we have strict content guidelines for our upload database.

:potd: if you want quality maps that are decent puzzles and original, just download some from here.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

I'm not sure I dig that either, if anything because this place is full of experienced mappers the culture tends to be a bit too elitist. I prefer to think some sort of middle ground is best.

Shane wrote:
I'm not sure I dig that either, if anything because this place is full of experienced mappers the culture tends to be a bit too elitist. I prefer to think some sort of middle ground is best.

It's nothing to do with how old the site is, I've been promoting an "elitist", quality-first culture here since day one. That's not to say that less experienced mappers are unwelcome or anything of that nature. We just do have high standards of quality. I ranted about this at length a couple months ago, if you haven't read it then please take a few minutes.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
PreviousPage 2 of 2