Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Just a note to say hi and great job

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next

What other game lets you bludgeon zombies to death with a mattress, even if it does take a while?

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.
ryo786 wrote:
why do you guy like hl2 so much?

Badly worded sentence is badly worded.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

In other FPS games, you interact with enemies. They are games of fast reaction time and rapid joystick moovement.

In Half Life 2, you interact with the whole world. If you have fast reaction time, great. You can live a little longer against enemies, but headshots won't save you. You have to take cover manually so you don't get shot up, but wait, what shall I take cover behind? Better move that box there. On noes, I can't see around it when I'm in cover? Well, you'd better listen for enemies to reload, becuase in real life, third person doesn't exixst. Grenade! Now you must throw it back... or run.

See what I mean?

ryo786 wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:
Episode 3 or Half-Life 3 could be regarded as the same thing. It continues the Half Life series!!

why do you guy like hl2 so much?

Because the entire series of games--specifically HL2 on--is groundbreakingly innovative and brilliant. HL2 was really one of the first games to integrate storytelling so heavily in a game and really cause (force, perhaps?) the player to form emotional connections/relationships with game characters. It relies strongly on intellectually stimulating, physics-based gameplay (combat and puzzle solving) at times and has incredible environments and ambience.

And--let's face it--we're all suckers for the typical Western one-man-can-save-the-world storyline.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

I personally think the first Half-Life was better even though the graphics were crap. But in HL2, manipulating and launching objects (and ragdolls) is pretty cool.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
I personally think the first Half-Life was better even though the graphics were crap. But in HL2, manipulating and launching objects (and ragdolls) is pretty cool.

I disagree (though I've only played HL:Source, I assume it's not that different). It felt like a lot of the time the game dragged on a little bit and was a tad confusing.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

I think I played Half life once when I was like 10. Hardly remember anything of it but the thing I remember the most is when you got to the alien world and you jump around on those floating rock things. Also that very annoying large alien thing that has a claw that bangs on the wall.

Saying that Half Life is better is a lie! Half life 2 was so good, I've played it around 5 times. The episodes around twice.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I enjoyed the original Half-Life, but it did feel rather dry. That said, I'm really looking forward to that Black Mesa mod I hear is still coming out some time within the next twenty years.

Half-Life, 2 on the other hand, blew my mind when I first played it. (Not all that long ago actually.) For a game that came out in 2004, its environment graphics and *especially* character animations were still above the standard of most mainstream games, and it managed to be immersive and fun by interlacing the gameplay with the story. I know the original Half-Life was also praised for its lack of cut-scenes, but it didn't really have characters that one could connect to.

I know I'm repeating a lot of what others have said, but if you're curious as to why people are so anxious for Episode 3, it's partly because the last episode left on a colossal cliffhanger ...

The difference between Hl: Source and HL is the engines it uses. I'm not sure if anyone here played the other parts to HL. There was Half-Life with Gorden as the main character, HL Blue-Shift is where you play as Barney and see his side of the story, and HL Opposing Force is where you play as a "good" military guy and try to escape Black Mesa while killing aliens and creepy black opts soldiers. To me, there are more important things than graphics and a plot to make a game good. Heck, in HL Opposing Force, you could get a Barnacle as a weapon and grappling hook. Some other aliens could be used as weapons also.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
The difference between Hl: Source and HL is the engines it uses. I'm not sure if anyone here played the other parts to HL.

I am a huge fan of the original half life including these expansions. Trying to say which is better of 1 / 2 is silly though imo :p same as comparing portal 1 + 2.

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next