Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I will make a video of me playing/commenting on your map

PreviousPage 9 of 10Next

Hello again. I've made some revisions to the map! I'm not asking you make another video, just wanted to let you know it's fixed (I hope). I'm also working on a new map I got the idea for from something you said in the video. It isn't easy because of the way the detectors work, so it might be a while, but expect a new level soon!

Played more chambers!

PAST 04 - Back to the Future: 1 | 2
Fun little one. I was not warmed up, so it took me much longer to work out what I needed to do on the last part. Looking back, I really don't know how you could have made it more obvious.

Untitled V 1.5
This was fun. I hope I was actually supposed to have gotten the laser-cube using the funnel, because I did. The only real complaint I have is that last jump being a bit difficult to do exactly right. Maybe you could put some platforms down below (so that the player still can't walk or jump onto the catapult) with some stairs leading back up into the room you jump from so the player doesn't always die in the bottomless pit when they miss the catapult.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =161889198
MAP! Would be great if you played it!:)

If you want you can play this chamber:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1375565793

The puzzles are pretty easy but the execution could be challenging for players like myself.
I hope you like it. Thanks!

Still didn't get my $60 :(

I did those two maps!

Falling with Style: 1 | 2
This was fun once I got a sense of what I needed to do. Near the beginning I got confused by the fact that the harmless shallow water looks very similar to the deadly goo in the very next room of the level, might want to watch that.

Just another chamber:
Good map, but yet another partially broken recording on my end. Basically, I started the level and got through the first, sorta primary section and was just about ready to go to the upper level when I had to go do some stuff for a few hours. I left Portal 2 and OBS running all that time, and when I came back I started recording again. Apparently, that second recording broke somehow, so the part where I finished the level didn't actually get recorded. Very sorry about that, I didn't really have any reason to think the recording would screw up like that. But I assure you I did make it to the end, and gave it a thumbs up; it was a pretty fun chamber overall. Most of what's missed by the video is me stumbling around with that track platform part and dying, then making it to the exit and quickly placing the blue gel and making the jump.

I did make another one:
Mission Impossible
I would love to know what you think. It's very small but it may not be as easy as it looks.

Still didn't get my $60 :(

I've got another new one I think you'll like.

Reflection

I actually did these on Sunday, but didn't have time to do all the rendering and uploading till yesterday and today, respectively.

Mission Impossible: 1 | 2
VERY nice puzzle, extremely tricky but not impossible to figure out. Just right. Made me feel accomplished when I was done.

Reflection:
I think this was a pretty clever use of reflection gel overall. Good puzzle using the element it was themed on. I don't know, but if you are using an editor with the ability to make autosaves, maybe put one in before that last room. It's relatively easy for a player to get mixed up and shoot themselves through the laserfield by mistake, even knowing full well it's there. I don't remember right now the exact positioning of things, but you might be able to put that angled panel in a cage of gratings so that the laser can go through and the player can't, but the player won't die if they try..unless I am remembering incorrectly how gratings work.

Hi Xindaris, just wondering it you would like to set a time on my speedrun map?

Ring of Fire

Current leader-board is on the steam workshop description if you want a target to beat :)

Hi Xindaris, It would be great to see what you think of this one - community-releases/logic-bomb-t8617.html

Seeing someone else complete my puzzles seems to be the most ultimate feedback, it can become difficult to imagine how other people approach test chambers when you've spent a long time working with a map and it can be easy to miss simple mistakes, shortcuts or traps. On a side note, how do you record your playtesting? I would like to make videos of when I play other peoples, but not sure about screen recording.

PreviousPage 9 of 10Next