Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I will make a video of me playing/commenting on your map

PreviousPage 8 of 10Next

It was really more that I wasn't thinking of momentum, so looked for any way at all to get across using the funnel. I probably would've found some other way to fumble about fruitlessly all that time if I hadn't done that.

Thank you for your critiques on Metal Petal and Underworks!

I'll see what I can do about the doors in Underworks. (Thinking of replacing them with BTS-style doors.)
Also: all of the lasers in the back hallway of Underworks are actually the map's logistics system. I decided to make it visible( but not accessible) to the player as decoration.

As for Metal Petal: it wasn't really meant to be particularly challenging or clever. 'Twas more of a design test.
(And that laser construction in the thumbnail was an SR-Latch, something that as far as I know cannot be functionally built using BEEMod logic gates. I've tried.)

I really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Hmm. FGEMod, which includes BEEmod's elements, actually includes some more complex logic circuits if you want to look into that. But I think they're going to put up a better/combined version of all those things soonish, BEE2. FG's selection program is a bit clunky to use, being a command line interface and all.

But it is pretty neat to know you found another logic circuit buildable in portal elements. Could you perhaps educate me on how those were designed?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =159408360

This map is based around using a funnel constantly. My main purpose for posting it here is seeing what you think could be changed or removed.

S-R latches can be constructed using this tutorial on the VDC. You could replace the lasers with an OR to make it more compact. I've been trying myself to make a S-R latch logic item, but it's a bit tricky to get two inputs on an item working right. The BEE2 is basically a combination of all the PTI mods, and is coming out any day now.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

It should be possible to make an S/R latch logic item using the ItemTbeam class. Enable/Disable inputs will be S, and Direction inputs will be R.

In theory, at least. I've never actually used a tbeam in the PTI so I don't know how its inputs work.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Added a 4th chamber to my PAST series if you would like to try it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =153350030

Also let me know when you've gotten round to RCTI 15 too :)

Xindaris wrote:
But it is pretty neat to know you found another logic circuit buildable in portal elements. Could you perhaps educate me on how those were designed?

Well I've made a chamber demonstrating all of my logic gates but Steam decided to be stupid and "fail to publish" for a while so it took me a while to get this link to you: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =160540469
Enjoy.

"The beancounters told me we literally could not afford to buy seven dollars worth of bandwidth, much less seventy million... So I came up with an even better idea! Fire the beancounters! Beans are expensive!"

Urrgh. I ran a couple of tests Monday night, but I was really tired and not mentally all there. So..this is what we got.

RCTI 15: Impulse: 1 | 2
Good chamber, decent puzzle; I spent about half an hour not realizing that the button up top in the third room was connected to a fizzler and trying to find some other way to solve it. Please make that more clear to the player, perhaps change that one particular visibility to antline so that it's super obvious that it's connected that way.

Funeelz: 1 | 2
This chamber is almost certainly broken. I know I was in an addled state when I played through it, but I am absolutely sure there's no way to get to the button that drops the cube in the middle of the chamber. That second jump is completely impossible, and there's no way to make it not impossible. Please fix that. Other than that, a nice chamber with plenty of little surprises to it.

I heard that you make playthroughs of some maps, and, could you try my map, Untitled? In the topic of the map, some guys told me that were lots, lots, LOTS of unintended solutions and curiosities in this map.
Anyway, could you? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160297194

PreviousPage 8 of 10Next