Please or Register to create posts and topics.

hmw00_1_2.7z

PreviousPage 2 of 9Next
Mek wrote:
[...] now I know I found an alternate solution (but a little time-critical one): [...]

There are actually lots of ways to do it. I tried multiple ways while designing this part. Eventually i settled on

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

By the way,

Spoiler

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Still don't get the

Spoiler

The cake is a rickroll.
dvlstx wrote:
MSLEEPER, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

Can you update the community spotlight, now? I think you promised sbrown a shot at the glory ;)

He deserves it. I enjoyed playing PESP. The atmosphere is great and the voice really plays on your conscience in the end.

Sleepwalker wrote:
Still don't get the
Spoiler

Spoiler

Difficulty killed it, after sitting close to a hour and half on the damn ball puzzle I quit, not all of us can understand those **** equations and signs, if I would want myself this headache I would just go and do math tests.
Graphically and "ideally" it was great.
I would love to see a video walkthrough, just to see how it can be solved.

I got stuck on the last room with all the moving parts and the 3 balls. It confuses me to death. I don't know what to do, and the glowing signs don't tell ANYTHING at all.

I'm in-game right now, and wondering how to get the balls INSIDE the fan mechanism. I get the last puzzle, just not how to send them up through the fan.

Okay. So, the last puzzle is obviously too hard for some people. The large projected signs are ment to give some indication of what you are supposed to do, but obviously that is not clear enough.

I've got very mixed reactions to this part of the map, ranging from very positive to very negative. Both kinds of feedback are very valuable, as it helps me tune the difficulty of future maps to a point where it is entertaining for as many people as possible.

So for everyone who can't figure it out, here is the full solution:

Spoiler

Again, thanks to everyone for the valuable and honest feedback and sorry if i've caused anyone sleepless nights with this. :wink:

I've played the Beta and I really liked that one, I'll give this one a try too, see whats changed :D

So far, looks are nice and the puzzle mechanism is very unique.

It requires trying out a few things before actually trying to solve the puzzle. Press the buttons, see what happens and think of a way how to get the things how they should. That's what I like in a map like this.

I got stuck in the last part too (in beta version), but then I thought: DOH i have a portal gun, that must mean I should use it somewhere for the puzzle. The part with wires etc. was a bit complex, when try 1 didnt work, I switched the cables and then did the same as before. Then it worked :D

All in all a very original and fun map to play, with a very nice difficulty level (for me at least)

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.

Woha, really a well-made map! That let me think a lot to find the way for solving it, i think i'll make a video-walkthrough.

I usually demorec the blind ride of every map i try, if you want it send me a private message.
(I'll stop recording if i die.)
PreviousPage 2 of 9Next