Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GLaDOS Quotes

Page 1 of 3Next

Would anyone happen to know how to get GLaDOS' voice (quotes) in separate files and in formats that my computer can handle or I can convert to an mp3? I REALLY like the "IN BASE FOUR" quote, and I want it badly.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Two plus two is ... ... ... 10 ... IN BASE FOUR, I'M FINE!

download GCFscape
go to 'C:Program FilesSteamsteamapps' on your computer and open 'portal english.gcf' with the program
in the folder 'npc' is the turrent noises, and in the folder 'vo' is the glados sounds...

hope this helps... ;)

monkeyman wrote:
download GCFscape
go to 'C:Program FilesSteamsteamapps' on your computer and open 'portal english.gcf' with the program
in the folder 'npc' is the turrent noises, and in the folder 'vo' is the glados sounds...

hope this helps... ;)

Is there an easier way to do this? I don't like installing programs because I just restored my computer from a virus-induced crash and hard-drive wipe... :?

Maybe there's downloads on the internet.

I myself have all the Portal Sounds out of the GCFscape in .wav or .mp3 format somewhere on my PC, which format excactly I am not sure of.
I'm sure other people have the same.

I think there are some sounds which you can't get from the GCFscape. I don't really know which ones though.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.
SilverWulf wrote:
Is there an easier way to do this? I don't like installing programs because I just restored my computer from a virus-induced crash and hard-drive wipe... :?

The sounds are encapsulated in a special Valve type of ZIP called "GCF". To open a GCF, you need GCFscape. Your choice.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

how far through the game is it?? ill upload it for u if u want...

monkeyman wrote:
how far through the game is it?? ill upload it for u if u want...

Thanks, but I already found it :D It was one of many on this site.

SilverWulf wrote:
Thanks, but I already found it :D It was one of many on this site.

You're scared of viruses yet you'll download from "downloads.nl"?

Holy fucking :potd:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

well, there's nothing wrong with .nl , though you probably don't speak Dutch so you can't understand what's on the site (but some .nl-sites are actually in English).

It's the .tk where you must watch out, or you'll fall into the goo pit of spam and ads.

EDIT: Holy crap, I've checked out the link and I must recall my first statement. You can find a better place to get it.

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Page 1 of 3Next