Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GameOverCast discuss their unrequited love with Portal 2

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I already asked NickWorks about it and he promptly never responded.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
NickWorks...never responded.

It's all coming back to me now...

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I offered to buy his site too. Which he also never responded.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

The similarity to Valve's official Portal 2 site URL counts a little bit as well ;)

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West

Speaking of selling domains, I'm shocked they never offered to buy it.

msleeper wrote:
Speaking of selling domains, I'm shocked they never offered to buy it.

"Think with portals" would be used in the future tense (eg "I will think with portals"), while "Thinking with portals" would be used more in the present tense (eg. "I am thinking with portals"). Valve's choice makes sense seeing as its primary purpose was to persuade people to pre-order the game, but now it's released, it can be seen as a command (eg "Think with portals now"), which could encourage pepole to buy it.
Over-analysis complete.

Valve's choice was "fuck, this asshole got the domain we should have before we released that trailer, this one is close enough".

msleeper wrote:
Valve's choice was "fuck, this asshole got the domain we should have before we released that trailer, this one is close enough".

What can I say, you're forward thinking if nothing else ;)

Jomonay wrote:
What can I say, you're thinking with portals if nothing else ;)

FTFY.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
PreviousPage 2 of 2