Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FourthReaper Texture Pack: Fields

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next
da1 wrote:
Em.. Not that what I expected :-?

Could you add the color variations you used next time? That helps! ;)

Anyway, it's just too bright. I'm not sure if anything needs to be done to use the 255 255 255 RGB balance, but I'd suggest you use $FLOW_COLOR "[0.1 0.1 0.4]" or something like that, as I know those balances will work.

PS: I'm not sure if blue is a good idea for a color for something that already looks a lot like a fizzler. Not sure what you're making this for, but people need to clearly see the difference... Just my advice to you. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

Yeah, I totaly forgot about orginal fizzler itself :( . Mabe in my I will use your "smoke field" texture as it, and... Anyway, thanks!

Totally loving these textures. The extra wiki page really helps too, to get some standards set across the community for which texture should do what. It'll be great to see people playing one map with Surface Division Fields and instantly recognise the same mechanic in another persons map.

Tying the functionality of these into the fizzler model also works really well to quickly change from one type of "blocking xxx" to another at certain "Strangle points" in your map.

RustyDios wrote:
It'll be great to see people playing one map with Surface Division Fields and instantly recognise the same mechanic in another persons map.

What can I say, other than that I'm looking forward to the very same. :D Especially while I get the credits..... :twisted:

and then he wrote:
Tying the functionality of these into the fizzler model also works really well to quickly change from one type of "blocking xxx" to another at certain "Strangle points" in your map.

Yeah, excactly my initial thoughts. Whenever I will need it, I'll just whip up a dynamic fizzler model with custom textures, so it'd all work just right. ;) (Though please don't send me a request for this, I'm busy on al sorts of things right now. Thanks for understanding, everyone...)
This is indeed a cool idea that anyone could implement into their maps. Hell, I just might!

Maps in Development:

Is there a way to animate the Force Deflection Field while enabling and disabling it?

Habzs wrote:
Is there a way to animate the Force Deflection Field while enabling and disabling it?

I do believe that enabling the brush (which I assume you can do by yourself?) will automatically animate it. However, I can't get it do animate upon being disabled. You see, in order to be able to shoot through the field I had to sacrifice these elements of the field:

1. Expanding a glowing vortex when objects get in proximity (disabled by it not being a real fizzler).
  2. Animation of the field (because again it's just a texture, not a real fizzler).

Why not make it a fizzler (=trigger_portal_cleanser) like the other fields? Because you can never shoot through those, unfortunately... :(

Sorry for the bad news, I know it's quite a major flaw if you want a switching or disabling field generator.

Maps in Development:
FourthReaper wrote:
I do believe that enabling the brush (which I assume you can do by yourself?) will automatically animate it. However, I can't get it do animate upon being disabled. You see, in order to be able to shoot through the field I had to sacrifice these elements of the field:

1. Expanding a glowing vortex when objects get in proximity (disabled by it not being a real fizzler).
  2. Animation of the field (because again it's just a texture, not a real fizzler).

Why not make it a fizzler (=trigger_portal_cleanser) like the other fields? Because you can never shoot through those, unfortunately... :(

Sorry for the bad news, I know it's quite a major flaw if you want a switching or disabling field generator.

I was talking about the activating and disabling animation of the texture.
Bummer. But thanks anyway. :D

Will funnels and lightbridges and lasers pass through these fields like with a normal fizzler? My question pertains to the three new textures, not the world portal one.

RogerL wrote:
Will funnels and lightbridges and lasers pass through these fields like with a normal fizzler? My question pertains to the three new textures, not the world portal one.

Yes, they will. For world portals it's trickier by default, but the other three will do fine. If you don't want that you should create a nodraw brush to block things off, but I'm assuming you do want it.

2 of those 3 are pretty standard trigger_portal_cleansers anyway, just with some brushes and/or flags.

Oh, and Habzs, I'm sorry I wasn't any help.

Maps in Development:

I plan on using one of these in a contest map, can I give you credit for its creation?

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next