Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FourthReaper Texture Pack: Fields

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
The Irate Pirate wrote:
I plan on using one of these in a contest map, can I give you credit for its creation?

Sure, no problem. :D Glad you want to use it.

...Though I suppose it's not that clever to me to hand these textures over to the competition. (Assuming I can invest enough time into mapping anyway.) :lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

If you didn't want to use a portal cleanser brush for the effect, you could give one a slightly different texture, then enable the fizzler, fade in the normal brush, disable the fizzler. That's what I'm doing for my...unnamed...green...field...thingies. (func_clip_vphysics fields)

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
If you didn't want to use a portal cleanser brush for the effect, you could give one a slightly different texture, then enable the fizzler, fade in the normal brush, disable the fizzler. That's what I'm doing for my...unnamed...green...field...thingies. (func_clip_vphysics fields)

Annoying workaround, but interesting. In fact, it just might work (and probably already has for you anyway). Good idea. :thumbup:

(Though it does create for a rather 'glitchy' field, as you can't shoot through upon state change.

Maps in Development:

True, as an "explanation" you could put some bright effects around the edges until the fizzler's gone. Maybe it requires more energy to make than to sustain.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
True, as an "explanation" you could put some bright effects around the edges until the fizzler's gone. Maybe it requires more energy to make than to sustain.

True, that would work. Still not pretty but okay. Nice idea. :)

Maps in Development:

I think this fields are a good Idea.
And I have an Idea for a new one: have you ever thought about a Field that Cleans Portals but don't fizzles Cubes, an opposite to the one wich fizzle things but dont Cleans Portals?
Anyway, great Work, I just played around with it now, but perheaps rhere will come some Maps with it made by me^^

Flo2912 wrote:
I think this fields are a good Idea.
And I have an Idea for a new one: have you ever thought about a Field that Cleans Portals but don't fizzles Cubes, an opposite to the one wich fizzle things but dont Cleans Portals?
Anyway, great Work, I just played around with it now, but perheaps rhere will come some Maps with it made by me^^

Glad to hear you like it, Flo2912. :) About the Portal-cleaning-only field, if that works in a puzzle go ahead and make it. :wink: It shouldn't be that hard to do, just change the "flags" of the trigger_portal_cleanser.

Maps in Development:

hi. these are very nice textures, but can you please give a tutorial on how to make textures like these ones? i need a specific look for something in my mod h2f, and none of these feilds look like what i have in mind...

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

Play around with the SolidEnergy settings in a copy of one of these files.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Play around with the SolidEnergy settings in a copy of one of these files.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Thanks for answering that for me on such short notice, FelixGriffin.

Maps in Development:
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next